The best Fitbit

soozy_q
on 6/4/15 8:03 am
RNY on 10/20/14

I had the zip for over a year before I lost it going through security at an airport.  I then decided to try the ChargeHR.  HATED IT.  I just could not get used to wearing a bracelet all the time.  I returned it and now have the fit bit one.  LOVE it.  Typically clip it to the waistband of my pants.  

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/4/15 1:24 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I have the fitbit one & the fitbit hr. I like both. I like the one because I don't have to have something on my wrist all the time & it would have corny sayings on it, like hug me Tanya or Let's  Go, etc, corny but I like it.

I like the hr because it can monitor my heart rate, & it vibrates on my wrist once I reach goal, both of them track sleep, but because you have to wear the hr loose, sometimes when I wear it to bed, the green light underneath shines so occasionally I'll have a small light in my eyes depending on how my wrist is.

Just so you know you have to wear the hr one a little loose, some people get a rash from it. Fitbit even says to wear it loose now. I wore it too tight & eventually got a small rash that went away, but when I wore it loose I didn't get a rash. Just something to keep in mind if you go with the hr.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/4/15 1:39 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Depending on how much you want to spend, you may want to look into a smar****ch. I previously had a Pebble (works with iOS and Android), and currently use an Android G Watch. They sync to your phone with Bluetooth and can track exercise data as well as other stuff.

The Pebble works with iOS and Android both, they're only $100 and you can often find cheaper used ones in good shape on eBay. It takes a bit of fiddling to get everything set up, but the sensor works well and the battery lasts a week between charges. It's also totally waterproof, and I used to wear mine in the pool.

Android watches are newer and fancier, so they'll cost a bit more, but unlike the Pebble they have color touch-screens and voice recognition. One model also has a built in heart rate monitor (I think it's the Samsung) as well. Generally there's a lot less setup involved.

Both of them have pedometer apps, as well as apps that can track your sleep habits if you wear the watch at night. You can use an app to count glasses of water, and there are some great "five minute workout" apps for them as well.

Granted, it'll be a bit bigger and more obvious than a clip-on or slim wristband without a display, but it can do a lot more, too!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

teach2
on 6/4/15 3:39 pm
RNY on 12/23/14

I like my One. I didn't want the wrist thing- and like previous people have said, they work better around your waist. I keep it in my pocket and when I don't have a pocket, I clip it to my underwear! It's weird but it works!

RNY on December 23, 2014 with Dr. Michael Greene

Start Weight- 225 Surgery Weight- 218 2 wk- 208 6 wk- 198 10 wk- 181 14wk-179 18 wk-172 21 wk- 168 25 wk- 162. 29 wk- 158. Mo 8 - 155

Mo 9- 150 Mo 10-148. Mo 12-145  CW 140

Amy M.
on 6/5/15 8:31 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I got the zip last year but I stopped using it because wearing a clip was annoying for me. It's also not rechargeable so I had to keep replacing the battery which was annoying.

I recently got the Surge and it's AMAZING! It's the most expensive but I got a good deal on mine through work which is why I went for it (there's cheaper ones on Ebay too).  It has the most features and all the bells and whistles.  it's a wristband one with a touchscreen.  I like my high end gadgets so for me it's perfect.  It monitors steps, sleep, stairs, heart rate, and it tracks your exercise and gives you a breakdown of where your heart rate was throughout your workout.  It also has gps so you can pick routes that will give you the desired number of miles if your walking/running/hiking/biking, etc.  

As a little extra it also has an alarm, it syncs with your phone so my calls and texts pop up on it, and if I'm listening to music on my phone I can change the track from my surge as well.  Everything about it is wonderful!  It's rechargeable and the battery usually lasts about 5-6 days unless I use GPS... then it's about 3 days.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/5/15 3:17 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I haven't heard of this one before, but it looks neat! Does it have its own GPS chip, or does it pull through from your phone by Bluetooth?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Amy M.
on 6/5/15 4:37 pm - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

It has it's own GPS chip :-)

NHPOD9
on 6/5/15 2:05 pm

I really like my flex. I hate wearing jewelry, but it doesn't bother me at all. If I ever come into any extra spending money, I'm definitely upgrading to the Charge HR or Surge. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Bonroxie19
on 6/5/15 4:47 pm

i have the fitbit surge not cheap (250.00) but it does everything i wan it to do.  you can set 8 different modes including weights, hiking, walking, biking etc.  it gives you stair count and i hook it up to my fitness pal.

for me it is a grea****ch.

Bonnie RNY 2/11/15 by Dr. Takahaski

5'3" SW 230 pounds, GW per Dr. Takahaski 150 pounds, CW 132 pounds (10/1/17)

BMI 19% Bod Pod test 1/29/17 13.1 mile half marathon, 1 hour 59 mins (8/21/2017)

drea29
on 6/6/15 2:16 pm

My daughter bought me one and gave it to me today.  How do I know what kind it is and I have no idea how to use it?   I think it goes on the wrist.  It costs $99  Help