VSG or LSG

SICKNTIRED3
on 6/3/15 4:50 pm

Goodevening.... I was wondering if there were anyone here that has been sleeved through Medicare? I was told it could take up to six months to get approved. I've changed my way of life since March, I lost 30lbs but now I gained 8lbs back. I really need the sleeve because of my health problems. Lupus, Rheumotoid Arthritis, Pulmonary Hypertension & Oxygen dependent. Can anyone relate? Thanks in advance! 

Cathy W.
on 6/4/15 9:28 am

You cross-posted this on the VSG message board and received replies from other members.  As an additional suggestion, call Medicare and talk with them about the VSG procedure plus your health issues.

Go to the "Find a Bariatric Surgeon" search under the blue nav bar.  Input your city/state or zip code to find bariatric surgeons in your area to check for those that take Medicare.

Good luck!!

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

SICKNTIRED3
on 6/4/15 10:43 am

I am looking into Johns Hopkins Bayview, I wasn't sure if I posted or not because noboenobody responded. I am still trying to figure this thing out, this is my first time. Eventually, I'll get it & hopefully I can put a profile picture soon. Thanks for the info, will do.