Has anyone had luck in the Raleigh/Durham area with ??

Lady2This
on 6/4/15 7:39 am - NC

ears and 6 mo post RNY. I have hanging stomach skin as well as saggy thighs and butt. I am more than happy about losing 167 pounds and I look great in clothes, its when I take my clothes off that make me Sad. The only downside is my depression from the saggy skin. Everyone say how great I look but doesn't know the sadness I have inside. Does anyone have and information in the Raleigh/Durham area with doctors that will help fight for you with your insurance to get help with this?? Thanks any feed back will be greatly appreciated

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 6/4/15 8:26 am
VSG on 12/06/12

May I suggest you go to local support groups and check with patients there.

hollykim
on 6/4/15 8:48 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 4, 2015 at 7:39 AM Pacific Time, Lady2This wrote:

ears and 6 mo post RNY. I have hanging stomach skin as well as saggy thighs and butt. I am more than happy about losing 167 pounds and I look great in clothes, its when I take my clothes off that make me Sad. The only downside is my depression from the saggy skin. Everyone say how great I look but doesn't know the sadness I have inside. Does anyone have and information in the Raleigh/Durham area with doctors that will help fight for you with your insurance to get help with this?? Thanks any feed back will be greatly appreciated

most surgeons are not. Going to "fight" for something they know insurance is not going to pay for. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

Now,if you. Have rashes,etc that won't go away with treatment or keep coming back,that could be seen as a medical necessity. And insurance might cover some things. 

jyamiolk
on 6/5/15 7:06 am
VSG on 10/15/14

Rex bariatriac has a great support network. Rexbariatrics.com. I don't see any meetings set up for a few months but they are once a month. Usually great attendance. The surgeons, dietitians, and nurses and mentors are present at the group sessions. I would check the site or even give them a call to find out the next scheduled group. 

VSG with DR. Sharp on 10-15-2014

Age 43 Height 5' 10" HW 306 SW 280 CW 185

GW 195

Weightloss15
on 6/5/15 7:21 am

I had the SIPS procedure (Dr. Enochs) Feb 11, 2015.  I have lost about 60lbs so far but feel like I have reached a stall.  Does not seem like much is happening.  Sure hope this passes soon!

Crazeru
on 6/10/15 11:29 am

Most of us end up paying for PS ourselves.  I went to Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico.  1 - because he specializes in WLS patients, 2 - he's very good at what he does, 3 - I could get all the procedures done at one time, 4 - after care, 5 - the cost is so much cheaper than in the states. 

If you are starting to look into Plastic Surgery, Dr Sauceda will be in Tyler, Tx on 6/26 & 6/27 and is available for consults.  Dr Sauceda specializes in WLS patients and is from Monterrey, Mx.  We have a group here on OH, click on the link for more info:

Group Sauceda

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda