Need to find a therapist in Cleveland, OH

KathyHC
on 6/4/15 7:22 am

I'm not sure if this is the right place to past this request.  I am new to Cleveland, OH and need to find a therapist who works with bariatric patients.  Any suggestions on how I find one?  Any recommendations?  Thanks!

Cathy W.
on 6/4/15 9:23 am

Call bariatric surgeons in the Cleveland area to ask for any recommendations.  Bariatric surgeons are a good resource since they usually work with therapists for pre-op evals.

Best of luck to you!

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/4/15 10:23 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Psychology Today has a really good directory of mental health professionals. Once you find a list of people in your area, there's a list of "issues" on the left side, and you can select "obesity" to narrow the list down to people who may be able to help.

If therapy is covered by your health insurance, you may also want to call your insurance company's customer service line. They should have a list of contracted providers and their specialties, and they may be able to connect you with someone included in your coverage.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

italianspice
on 6/5/15 6:53 am - Eastlake, OH

If you call the bariatric program at the Cleveland Clinic, they have a therapist who works with the bariatric patients there.

I am not sure what insurance you have, but I am sure University Hospitals probable has a program, along with St Vincent's. In the eastern suburbs the Lake Hospital system also has a program for bariatrics.

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"