Help/advice plz

free4ever
on 6/3/15 6:56 pm - Elizabeth City, NC

The protein powder is a supplement meal.. Not necessarily a daily every meal thing.  I have it more at work because options for packing good are limited..! 

rebecca110
on 6/9/15 6:12 am - Milledgeville, GA

Measuring and weighing and writing down every bite helps me know where I am.  Unfortunately, many people gain back and sometimes a lot.  I have found that they just start eating the wrong things and not measuring and weighing and recording.  Good luck!  It is not an easy journey and as they say, the surgery is just an assist, but you are still left with a lot of work to do.

branches99
on 6/9/15 6:01 pm - OH

Try SparkPeople.com   you can enter your foods and the program adds it all up for you. Really easy to track! You can also track exercise, sleep, water, etc. and best of all its FREE. Check it out, its much easier than keeping a food diary

crystal M.
on 6/3/15 6:40 am - Joliet, IL

I agree with the other poster about measuring out your portions.  Once as an experiment I put on a plate what I thought was about a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.  I checked it and I was way off.  What I thought was a 1/2 cup was almost a cup.  It looked like a such a small amount. 

It taught me that just eye balling...I am usually over serving myself.  I actually keep a set of measuring cups at work too. 

crystal M.
on 6/3/15 7:47 am - Joliet, IL

I agree with Amy.  For dinner I always eat a protein and a salad.  Instead of worrying about what side item to eat and so many of them are full of carbs.  I have a nice big salad.  Can't go wrong with a salad as long as you don't pack in croutons and thick dressings and crap like that.   

So like last night I had lemon herb chicken and a big salad.  Lots of greens!!!!

AmyDee123
on 6/3/15 8:29 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Yeah, and I have a new love for broccoli.  We usually do a spinach salad with blue cheese crumbles, a white wine vinegar and olive oil dressing of my own making with some lemon zest, salt, pepper, and basil, and then some steamed broccoli with some irish cheddar melted on top, along with whatever protein we have for the night.  So filling, so much fiber, lots of flavors, and super low in carbs.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

auntmimi
on 6/4/15 7:16 am

^^That sounds delicious! I think you just made my menu for tonight! 

SkinnyScientist
on 6/4/15 3:24 pm

I would get off the protein shakes and put in REAL dense protein. I gave protein shakes a shot this week becasue they are fast, portable, and cold.

I was hungry in 2 hours.

I would rather just eat a hard boiled egg or a chunk of cold steak rather than a protein shake.

It just aint satisfying.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

rebecca110
on 6/9/15 6:17 am - Milledgeville, GA

Congratulations on your achievement.  I have a lap band, 2011, and my problem is I have so much difficulty eating dense protein.  If you don't do that, you do get hungry.  Last week, I used the food processor and chopped my chicken with a little broth and it went down okay.  I don't think I am too tight because I can eat crunchy food like nuts.  So, I still start the day with a protein shake in my coffee.  I can eat boiled eggs mashed up with a little mayonnaise, but not fried or scrambled.

free4ever
on 6/4/15 7:25 pm - Elizabeth City, NC

Thanks to everyone for your great advice and suggestions.  I appreciate everyone's input.!