Off topic -- where to find comfortable wire-free bras?

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/15 7:51 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I wonder if any of the OH ladies can help me out. My current bras are getting too big all around, but they're the only style I've ever found comfortable. I've seriously been wearing Lane Bryant cotton stretch no-wire bras* since junior high! The problem is, they don't come in the band size I need anymore. I'm really picky about my bras, and now that I can't wear my favorites, I feel like a fish out of water.

Can anyone point me to where I could find really comfy cotton wire-free bras in a 36C/D? I've tried the Playtex and Just My Size ones that come in boxes, but they all have lumpy or scratchy seams or edges that I can't tolerate due to a sensory processing disorder. I have the same problem with lace.

*I'm still having trouble figuring out OH's hyperlinking system, so in case the link above doesn't work, here's the URL: http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-plus-size-sexy-bras-intimate-apparel/view-all-plus-size-intimates-lingerie-by-cacique/no-wire-bra/4043c19060p31347/index.pro

Grim_Traveller
on 5/22/15 8:46 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Bras have gone Wi-Fi?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/15 9:16 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I like my bras like I like my internet.

healthy-rickfan1971
on 5/23/15 2:08 am

Honestly, I have never EVER been able to wear the bras with wires. I know once we ladie**** certain size it is impossible to find them without wires. Having grown up with very little pocket money, I find it VERY difficult to spend a great deal of money on ANY type of clothes. I had the hardest time parting with the money when HAVING to buy pants from the super morbid obese sized clothing places. I would see the price and see that if I was only "normal size" I could buy in regular store and get 2-3 pair for what 1 cost. That said, I buy the cheapest clothes that look the strongest to me. So bras are no different there. I buy what I like (or wallet allows at that time) and if it has wire, I CUT a teeny-tiny slit very carefully, and pluck that wire out of there. I cannot handle the bruises I get from the wires poking me in the arm (yes, who would think they COULD arm poke, but they do) or the so-called protective coating on the ends be thin and have the wire slice when trying to DO anything that requires moving my blooming arms for. I doubt this helps you solve your problem. But that is just what I do and why.

familyof6
on 5/23/15 6:31 am

I am so with you !! Those are my one and only bras !! I just bought their smallest size.....and now I am in the same boat as you. I did find some at Kohls and Target.....but none at perfect as the Lane Bryant ones

AnnaBradley
on 5/22/15 11:42 pm, edited 5/22/15 11:49 pm
VSG on 05/04/15

Try these.  www.enell.com They are similar to the Cacique (which I love also) and have no wire.  I don't know what your band size is, but these go down to rib measurement of 29".  I wear the lite for everyday, and they are super comfy.  Very smooth, with no rough elastic bands or seams. 

zann50
on 5/23/15 7:06 am

If you have a location close by check out Soma.  They are excellent for fitting and suggesting a bra that's right for you 

Zann

VGS- 2015

Valerie G.
on 5/23/15 9:50 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You can get 36D from Lane Bryant online and have them ship it free to the store.  I've been doing it for 8 yrs to get the Smooth Balconette.  Nobody else compares to the way they fit and last.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/15 10:00 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I looked online, but right now the smallest sizes they show this style in are 36F or 40C.  :(

Valerie G.
on 5/25/15 2:39 am, edited 5/25/15 2:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You must be looking at a certain color or something.  The smaller sizes don't offer as much variety for colors and such, but I just purchased 4 smooth balconettes, two in cute fabric priints, too, in size 38D.  They have  BOGO sale right now that ends today.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes