Can't outrun a bad diet

Grim_Traveller
on 5/24/15 7:57 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Great article. Thanks for the post.

How many posts have we read from people that blame their regain, or stall, on not going to the gym recently? Or those that regained after spraining their ankle (or whatever), and it stopped their exercise? How about posters eating extra because of the gazillion calories they burned during exercise?

Exercise is great for many things. Many, many things. But losing weight is not one of them. For some of us it's just another in a long line of tools we use to justify bad eating behavior.

You will have to pry my FitBit out of my cold, dead hands. I love it, and it helps motivate me a great deal. But I ignore the calories it says I burn. I never for a minute think I can eat more because of my activity.

It's all about the food. If you want to weigh less, you need to eat less.

Weight is simple, like first grade arithmetic.  Health is complicated, like calculus.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Tracy D.
on 5/26/15 1:24 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Preaching to the choir...I've been trying to carry this message wherever I go.  But some people still don't want to listen :-( 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

crystal M.
on 5/26/15 7:10 am, edited 5/26/15 7:14 am - Joliet, IL

So very true.  People over estimate how many calories they are actually burning and under estimate the calories they are eating. 

I burned about 600 calories on the elliptical....that is easily a lot less than a McDonalds Big Mac and Fries and Coke.  A typical lunch I see around the office here. 

But it does burn both my breakfast and lunch.  YaY...here's to healthy eating!!!

Although, I will state I did not start losing in a big way till I started making exercise part of my life.  And now I maintain easily with exercise as part of my healthy lifestyle.