Not sure what is wrong

Crissyann
on 5/22/15 10:34 am

I am having problems getting water and food down in the morning. After the morning I'm fine...I still get food stuck sometimes. I'm scared that I might be to tight or another problem. I'm also worried that I am worrying for nothing.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/22/15 12:35 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

What kind of food are you trying to eat? How much? Are you chewing well?

If in doubt, it might be worth calling your surgeon's office, they can take a look over things.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

jgreenlee12
on 5/22/15 12:51 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

I dont try to eat in the morning. I just have a protein shake for breakfast. Sip slowly.

Maria27
on 5/22/15 1:18 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

It would really help to know what surgery you had and when. I have a lot of trouble eating in the morning, so I have just adjusted by only drinking liquids in the monrings. I usually have 1/2 protein shake for breakfast. My pouch just doesn't want solid food until lunch.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Crissyann
on 5/22/15 6:00 pm

I had the lap band surgery about a little over a year ago. It isn't certain foods that get stuck in the morning....it's even water. Though, after the morning it's like everything opens up and starts working again, and I can eat again. Is that normal. When I do get stuck it is because of not chewing food all the way. That does happen but not on a regular basis. I have lost 80 lbs since surgery, but want to lose more. I feel like I'm stalling out on the weight loss. What do y'all suggest? 

Valerie G.
on 5/23/15 9:34 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I've known a few who dehydrated overnight, causing the morning nausea.  They woke in the night to drink a little water and it made a great difference.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/23/15 9:43 am
RNY on 12/31/13

This is a really great point.  I never realized that dehydration causes some people to feel nauseated.  I would have never believed that drinking water would stop mine after surgery -- I was sure it was just the opposite!

To the OP - I didn't have the lap band, so I cannot speak to that -- but in the morning, I must drink a considerable amount before eating, less I don't feel very well.  I drink despite sometimes feeling a bit icky -- and that does usually relieve it.  Perhaps?

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat