Ladies- question for you...

AngryViking
on 5/19/15 6:07 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm with Loser up there.  I cut mine short at about the 6 month mark and haven't looked back. 

MsBatt
on 5/19/15 8:58 am

This has nothing to do with your hair questions, but---have you researched the Duodenal Switch? I ask because you mention injecting insulin, and because you have a BMI of 54.

The DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats, especially for those of us with a BMI greater than 50. It also has the best stats for resolving or preventing co-morbs like diabetes and high cholesterol. About 85% of diabetics achieve total remission of symptoms with the RNY, but a significant per centage see their diabetes return within five years. On the other hand, better than 98% achieve total remission with the DS---and it seems to be permanent.

Research ALL your options before you have surgery.

Tracy D.
on 5/19/15 9:22 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Oh yeah - I had to cut mine into a super-short pixie cut.  I lost at least half of my hair - but I was an extreme case.  It didn't even slow down until about Month 8 for me.  I actually bought a wig but couldn't go through with wearing it and sent it back.  

At 2 years out my hair is probably right where it was before surgery, maybe even a little better.  Strong and healthy.  I had fine, thinning hair before and it's still fine and thin.  But there does seem to be a bit more of it these days.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Jennifer K.
on 5/19/15 11:33 am - Phoenix , AZ

I had little to no hair-loss post op. Mainly I had breakage in my hair but it wasn't horrible.. just kept up with regular trims every 6 weeks to keep it as healthy looking as possible.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020