Garcinia Cambogia - Veterans responses only

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/18/15 11:46 am

I noticed after I posted...

well.. if i eat too many fruits during a week- I gain. .  I chose not to eat fruits daily. 

BTW: I used all (and i mean really ALL) natural herbal supplements before RNY, I did too many colonic cleanses.. . before RNY.. and even now i do them sometimes (due to IBS-C) - but the only weight loss that provided was temporary - if any...

but... my colon is nice and clean , with no polyps or diverticulitis... and even dealing with severe constipation...  (now i take Miralax daily for it) - that is something to be proud of..

weight loss - not so much.. again - if there is any - is very temporary, water and waste removal.....and it comes back when I start eating real food.... 

you can try it - it may help with other things.. .. but giving up carbs (fruits, starches, even the SF preserves - yea - I like them also) may help you with dropping weight.. 

maybe -like so many of us you are very carb sensitive???  ( I know I am)

check this post: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/5359882/Justification -for-low-no-carb-Curing-T2-Diabetes-starts/

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Alighterme76
on 5/18/15 11:56 am

You make an excellent point! That's another thing I'll look into as well. Being carb sensitive probably IS a huge culprit! 

Grim_Traveller
on 5/18/15 11:31 am
RNY on 08/21/12

You can eat healthy, work your ass off, take supplements, or anything else. It doesn't matter. If you have been the same weight for 6 months, you are burning just as many calories as you are eating. It really is very simple. If you want to lose more, you'll need to eat fewer calories. Extremely simple concept, but it can be very hard to execute, I know.

Plastic surgery results in a loss of about 6 pounds. Ask anyone who's had it done. And they will also tell you that, once fully healed, they were exactly the same weight as when they started. And since you described yourself as just "big" to begin with, you probably don't even have that much skin to remove.

A 40 pound loss will require fewer calories. I wish I had the answer you are looking for, but it's the only answer that will work.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Alighterme76
on 5/18/15 11:39 am

Grim you could have the right idea about lower calories. I may try cutting back on some things. However I was very much considered obese and I do have extra skin in a lot of places because my skin didn't bounce back like others who are more fortunate. What I want to do is make sure to get as much fat off as I can so when I do get plastics it will be worth the pain and feel of a new body. Anyone should be able to comprehend that. Thanks for your insight.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/18/15 3:33 pm - OH

Just FYI: I started with a BMI of almost 57 and lost just under 190 pounds.  The apron of skin on my lower tummy was pretty significant (it hung a couple of inches over my thighs when I was standing) but it was almost all skin and tissue (almost no fat) and despite the plastic surgeon telling me that he expected it to be 10-15 pounds, it was only 6 pounds.  (I was surprised and disappointed, but have since realized that my experience was not unusual.

I also had huge "bat wings" that DID have some fat left in them (even when I was a kid and not obese, I had thick upper arms) and the skin and tissue removed was less than 3 pounds total.

Although you won't lose a lot of weight when you have plastic surgery, and you absolutely should try to get as much as possible off before having the surgery(ies) done, just know that even if you aren't at what you would consider an ideal weight, you will still feel MUCH better without the extra skin.

Also be aware, though, that you will likely not have anything close to a perfect body even after surgery.  You aren't going to look like someone who never had a weight problem; you are probably going to look like someone who had a weight problem and had plastic surgery.  Some people look much better than others after plastic surgery, and a few look really good afterwards, but please be realistic about your expectations. 

As far as the weight you still need to lose, it is almost certainly going to come down to eating fewer calories. A colon cleanse is just going to clean out whatever your body has not already eliminated (your body is very much self-cleaning, and contrary to what the commercials claim, people do not have 20 pounds of buildup in the colon!) and none of those weight loss supplements work.  If they did, it would be ALL OVER the news and everyone would be using them.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Alighterme76
on 5/18/15 6:45 pm

Thanks for the insight Laura. I'm not expecting a perfect body. I'm happily married with 2 kids and my hubby loved me at my largest. I was the unhappy one so no worries. Just want to finish the weightloss part of the journey. I do not expect suppliments to be the answer. Just wanted to try them since they were all natural. I think people feel like I'm expecting a big miracle but just simply looking for a boost to my regime to rid myself of the last bit of fat. Really wanted to hear from those who actually tried it. Got good advice anyway so no complaints there. I actually have done well on other diets and didnt gain the weight back but had so much to lose I couldn't keep the loss up without taking the wls method. Now I need the final blow to finish the journey I started 3 years ago before wls. So close to goal. Thanks again .

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/18/15 11:40 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I'm not a vet, but I have tried supplements in the past & all they've done is drain my wallet. I understand you're frustrated right now & you've lost a lot of weight!, props to you on that.

From what I've heard the closer you get to goal, the slower your weight loss & it looks like you've thrown yourself into maintenance since you've been maintaining your weight for the past 6 months.

It sounds like you've got to rework what you're eating & you'll have to cut back. Try upping your water past the minimum of 64 oz, up your protein amounts & get it from dense protein, not bars, not drinks. That supplement wants to cut back your appetite, have you've been feeling an increase in hunger? Maybe a ppi is needed?

Besides supplements for the most part are only meant to be used short term & because they don't fall under the FDA guidelines, these manufactures can throw in as much or as little as they want into their products with no proof to show that they even work, & too much of it can get you sick.

Stick with the tool that you know works, it hasn't stopped working, you know it helped you get the weight off & it will continue to do so. Save your money on supplements & get the chicken! LOL

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Alighterme76
on 5/18/15 11:43 am

Excellent point as well!! Thanks 1lasttime!

Mary Gee
on 5/18/15 12:24 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

It's great that you posted your menu -- but  wish  you included calories/carbs/protein that are listed when you track your menu in myfitnesspal.  It looks like you're not getting enough water; not enough protein; too many calories.

What are your daily goals?  For my plan it's under 800 calories; under 40 carbs; and at least 65 protein grams.  Are you meeting your daily goal??

As far as using "products" -- I truly believe they are not worth any money spent.  It they worked, we'd all be taking them!!

I hope you find the solution.  The end of the weight loss road is always the hardest, the last pounds are the slowest to come off.  So, I hope you continue to follow your plan to the "T" - and start dropping weight again.  It may be a pound or two a week, but as long as it's coming off...........

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Gina 22 years out
on 5/18/15 12:25 pm - Burleson, TX

Am I  a long term vet? YES

Am I at goal? YES

Did I use the product you mentioned, post op? YES

Did it help me get to goal? NO

I jacked around...and all over the scale..taking 9 YEARS to get to goal...SNAKE OIL DOES NOT WORK...please re-read the posts that speak of journaling your foods/exercise, etc...that TRULY is what works..NOTHING else does

You can DO this !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things