Garcinia Cambogia - Veterans responses only

Gwen M.
on 5/18/15 11:03 am
VSG on 03/13/14

If this was my intake, and I was stalled for so long, these are the adjustments I would make - 

More liquid.  It looks like you're getting 5 cups of water (40 ounces if they're 8 ounce cups) plus a shake and a coffee.  For me, that wouldn't be nearly enough liquid.  I aim for at least 64, but prefer 96 ounces.

Do you add anything in your coffee?  

Cottage cheese and fruit would never be my meal of choice.  Fruit is too high in carbs and I wouldn't find cottage cheese to be dense enough to fill me up for very long.  I'd swap these meal for denser protein and cut the fruit.  (I do eat fruit, but it's once a week, not three times a day.)  

Lunch seems solid - but dressing can pack a lot of calories, even if it's light.  Not to mention the light stuff tends to have crap you don't really want in your body added in order to give it good flavor.  For some people SF products, like the jello cup can increase cravings for sweet things.  So that might be worth examining.  

For dinner, again, I'd cut the apple and definitely cut the atkins bar which is really no better than a candy bar.  If you find that you just "have to have sugar" that's probably a result of all the sugars you're getting in your diet already.  For many, eating sweet things and sugars just makes the "need" for those things even greater.  

In my opinion, and your weight confirms it, you're eating like something who is in maintenance instead of like someone who is trying to lose weight.  I'd really hone in on dense proteins and liquids and cut out the unnecessary things that are hindering you.  

I also question that you're only taking vitamins once a day.  With the ASMBS recommendation for calcium, we pretty much need 3 doses of calcium throughout the day and, if you're also taking iron, that would add a 4th set of vitamins.  

I would try these things before I considered adding a Magical Weight Loss Drug.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Alighterme76
on 5/18/15 11:53 am

Thanks Gwen! I eat the apple to stay regular. There was a time when I didn't eat any fruit at all but going #2 was awful. The small apple I do eat helps keep me regular. Anyway I'll reevaluate my menu. Thanks again.

Gwen M.
on 5/18/15 3:09 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

For now, you could just fix the other parts of your diet and keep the apple, but if you do that, and you're still in maintenance, look to the apple.  You can get fiber through things like Benefiber instead.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Pokemom
on 5/21/15 10:11 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

I am a huge believer in Dr. Christopher's "Lower Bowel Formula" to stay regular.  4-6 caps every night!  (I know I post this a lot, and I promise, I do not work for this company!  It's just that this product has really changed my life.)

Do that, and cut out the apple.

xoxo

Chilipepper
on 5/18/15 5:37 pm

Count the carbs in your menu. 1 Apple has 14 alone. Along with all your other fruits and vegetables and protien bars and shakes and "light" dressings.  If you are over 30 total for the day you won't lose. Instead of that stuff that isn't going to work, read up on Ketosis. You aren't burning fat I'd you are pumping in the carbs. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Willie H.
on 5/18/15 10:50 am
VSG on 08/26/14

I'm not quite a veteran but I know WLS people after a long plateau or almost at goal who have tried Garcinia Cambogi, Green Tea Extract, Alli, HCG, Strawberry Ketone and much more alongside their WLS. It appears that most have just spent money for nothing.

Your body, each body has a reason why it holds on to weight even when we are doing every thing correctly, it's the body's way of protecting and adjusting. Although it seems like a generic manta "Keep working the program and the weight/inches ARE going to come off"-perhaps not at our time table, but it will eventually drop if we are doing what we should do I would think. Also think of the knowledge we are gaining as we weight (word pun intended) patiently, and also we are getting healthier.

Yet, I do feel your anxiety, especially after 2 years. Here I am at 8 months, my loss slowed to a crawl over 3 months ago and I'm anxious myself-just want the weight to drop! Although I do know I am getting healthier it does appear that the last 25-40 lbs for everyone is very hard! In the interim I am weight training to try to sculpt my body to the shape I want. In gaining muscle I am losing fat and since muscle is more dense than fat I cannot really go by the scale but knowing that I am gaining muscle and still around the same weight or even 1 or two lbs down helps me know I am doing ok.

So for now, try to sculpt your body with weight resistant training which will take off inches in certain places and give you healthy muscle. Wish you well and if you find the answer I'll be keeping my ears open!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Alighterme76
on 5/18/15 11:32 am

Willie, THANK YOU so much for your encouraging message. I appreciate you for being sympathetic and not blasting me about my choices.

Although I'd been going to the gym for cardio I hadn't really thought about weight training. Everything below my waist is hard as nails to get rid off. It's just so frustrating! I'll definitely look into weights when I go in again and see what regimes some of the trainers suggest (hopefully for free since I can't take on that kind of expense right now Lol). Again, thanks for giving me a positive outlook!

Pokemom
on 5/21/15 10:17 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

I don't have any expertise on this at ALL, just a little tiny bit of reading, but you keep talking about your lower body, and I wonder if it is possible that you have some kind of lipedema.  I have read that in WLS patients with lipedema, the weight does not come off the hips and legs very well.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/18/15 11:30 am

please define: eating healthy? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Alighterme76
on 5/18/15 11:33 am

H.a.l.a - see my food list post for your answer.