Garcinia Cambogia - Veterans responses only

Alighterme76
on 5/18/15 7:42 am

Hello. I am 2 years from surgery and need to reach my goal. My weight loss has pretty much stopped for the last 6 months. No matter what I do it just keep toggling between 1 to 2 pounds up & down. I still have a good 40lbs to go but it's not moving (And yes I've been busting my a$$ with no luck). Also, I do realize that I need a bit of skin removal sugary but there's still some fat there as well. I've decided to order Garcinia Cambogia (80% HCA) along with a natural colon detox to serve as a combo which is supposed to help things along...

What I want to know is has any WLS veteran tried this method to get their last pounds off? I'm not looking to hear from anyone who just wants to product bash OR anyone who has only tried it for a week. I'm looking for someone who is eating healthy AND exercising AND has been taking the suppliments. Your experience doesn't have to be magical. I just want to know your detailed review. Thanks in advanced!

Kate -True Brit
on 5/18/15 9:58 am - UK

I assume you don't want even successful long-term veterans to suggest more sensible ways to lose the weight? 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Alighterme76
on 5/18/15 10:16 am

Hi Kate, I  don't mind hearing good advice. A lot of people have done extremely well with their weight loss and getting to goal. I'm very happy for them even the long term vets out there! I want to be that person one day too! However, I was hoping to draw in people who either have had experience with this suppliment since I was trying it or something else. Also I don't mind hearing other journeys from people who have struggled with being further out from goal who have been staying on task with healthy eating and exercizing. I'm not the one who was cheating and didn't meet her goal. I've been continually working but the weight loss is not there. My body just kinda quit. I wasn't just a "big girl" before surgery. I was the one who people call very "thick" i.e. very large thighs and arms. This is the worst to get rid of. Trust me!

Kate -True Brit
on 5/18/15 1:54 pm - UK

if you are stuck at the same weight for so long, you are in maintenance, you are eating the same number of calories you are burning, There is now lots of research showing that not all calories are the same in the effect they have on our bodies but if you eat fewer calories than you burn your body has no option but to burn stored fat - may be slow, but it must happen. Our energy to power our body comes either from food we eat or fat reserves we have stored.

Your daily menu does not look high cal so either you for some reason require fewer calories than some others do or you are misjudging portion sizes, occasional treats etc.. This NOT to criticise you - I lost my weight easily but struggle with regain. We are all in the same boat.

All I know is that chemicals, fad diets, medications etc are only short term. The day that one emerges which actually works, the medical establishment will leap on it! And tell us about it!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/18/15 10:12 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You're not going to hear squat from veterans, since successful veterans are the ones who work their tool-- NOT products completely unsupported by medical research.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Alighterme76
on 5/18/15 10:23 am

I hear you Sparklekitty but I'm sure someone out there who may not want to tell people tried using something other than surgery to get rid of trouble spots before going the plastics route. If I do try it and am successful I will gladly post my results in case others want to know more about it. I personally wish everyone had the exact same success story of meeting their goal. I lost over 100 lbs and am proud but would like to shed more before I do the plastics route (which I really need).

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/18/15 10:27 am
RNY on 08/05/19

The thing is, you're NOTgoing to hear anything, because those cases of "I took this and it worked" simply don't EXIST. If they did, and it occurred in any statistically-sound, predictable pattern, the medical community would report on it ASAP. 

If it works for you, that's peachy. But from a mathematical/evidence-based perspective, you're just as likely to lose weight by adding blue food coloring to your milk as you are from taking this supplement.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Alighterme76
on 5/18/15 10:35 am

Thanks Sparklykitty for your insight. I'll continue to work towards my goal. We'll wishes in your journey as well! 

Gwen M.
on 5/18/15 10:35 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you tracking everything you put into your mouth with something like MyFitnessPal?  If not, you should start there.  

If you are, please share with us a few days of eating and we can troubleshoot for you.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Alighterme76
on 5/18/15 10:50 am

My fitness pal - Oh Yes

5am - 30 brisk walk

7am Breakfast - Vitamins, coffee, 2 tall cups water

9:30am - Breakstones low fat cottage cheese with Dole sugar free fruit cup either peaches or pinapple.

11:30am/12pm Lunch - Starkist Tuna either ranch or lemon pepper with salad greens & tomato.  Light vinaigrette dressing. SF jello cup.

3:30pm - Premiere Protein shake

4:30pm to 6pm 2 cups water

6pm - chicken breast with veggies, apple, Atkins protein bar when I just gotta have sugar

9pm - cardiovascular exercise 

10pm 1 cup water