Frustrated

puppy_power7714
on 5/15/15 4:22 pm - Mount Vernon, WA

I hate to say this but, lately, I have been getting frustrated. You see, I had my bypass last Oct and between then and now I have lost 177 lbs but now I have been stuck at 274 for almost two weeks and I do not understand it. I walk, I watch what I eat and I'm still at 274. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ccnt80
on 5/15/15 4:36 pm - Erie, PA

That is amazing weight loss! First of all, congratulations on losing a person. A two week plateau is not uncommon as your body is dropping weight quickly. The biggest thing I can tell you is go back to the basics. Make sure you are following your surgeon's eating plan, getting in enough protein, water, taking your vitamins, etc. Do not give up! Praying for you:)

Gwen M.
on 5/15/15 4:39 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Stalls are totally normal throughout this process - if this is your first one, consider yourself super lucky!  

If you aren't already tracking everything you put in your mouth, start there.  Most people recommend MyFitnessPal.  That might help you to find any problem areas that you might not be aware of right now.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Ladytazz
on 5/15/15 5:08 pm

I just wanted to say I understand your frustration.  Knowing it's all normal doesn't make it easier to go through.

Weight loss does slow down around 6 months out so you are right on time.  That doesn't mean you won't lose weight, it just won't be the big numbers you are used to.  Well, I am sure you will still have months with big loses but on the whole it just takes time and the problem with that is time takes so long :(  Wouldn't it be nice to wake up a year from now at goal weight?

I remember when I was younger I used to fantasize about being put to sleep and waking up thin.  The problem with that scenario is that even if it did happen it wouldn't be long before I was fat again.

Just hang in there and try not to get discouraged.  Us this time as an opportunity to get used to your new way of eating.  Because in the end, once you reach your goal weight, you won't be getting the rewards of weight loss and eventually people won't even mention how good you look, etc.  It will be eating right for the sake of eating right and not gaining.  

So instead of looking for weight loss to confirm how you are doing focus on feeling good about the changes you are making, because in the end those are the only things that will count in the long run in keeping the weight off and feeling good.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Nancy
on 5/16/15 12:48 pm - Kasson, MN

Way to go on your loss!  Just keep doing what you are doing?  Remember you are 177lbs down and when the weight does not come off as fast as before it is like a mental shock cause u are use to seeing that scale move.......  It will keep coming off if you do what u need to do.  Your body is also losing so fast at the beginning make sure u are taking your vitamins to cause your body holds on to stuff that it is missing!