Dear Pouchie Poo: May 13/2015

healthy-rickfan1971
on 5/17/15 8:16 pm

I call my pouch Taz (from the cartoon) because such a grumpy disposition. Growls to beat the band, and is very grumpy on what foods at times. With over 2 years in I have learned NO raw carrots, canned and even those having been frozen at times are alright. Fresh ones are not tolerated, even if over cooked. Hamburger is tolerated, but not roast or steak. Which really sucks because beef roast cooked overnight and all day in crockpot that simply falls apart when trying to scoop it out (even with big slotted spoon) has always been a favorite with me. But eating that anymore makes me wish I hadn't, for literally HOURS. Taz has deemed ground turkey as wonderful, as long as it is turkey breast (97% lean) ANY dark turkey or chicken meat tastes like blood anymore. And I cannot get it down. I have tried to "compromise" in order to make turkey spaghetti so I can eat what family eats (sneak in healthier meat for them) but there was NO fooling Taz. Even hiding the bite in the few noodles and sauce with many seasoning used to cook it with did not work. It also did not help the fact that spaghetti sauce is red, add the meat tasting like blood to that had me rushing for the potty. So family has found out that with spaghetti I have to make with the whole wheat (Yuck Mom, the brown noodles) and ground turkey breast. Make a batch of that and feed family 1 night, put any leftovers in single serve freezable for me to have when make them "their kind" the next few times. You will learn over time what your Pouchy Poo will tolerate, and what to absolutely avoid like the plague. Pouches can be fickle minded little things when they will accept something for one meal, but not the next.