Dear Pouchie Poo: May 13/2015

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/15 3:40 pm - Canada

Dear Pouchie Poo:

Before I decided to "minimize" you I was able to eat anything I wanted, when I wanted and in as large a quantity as I wanted. I am not asking you to allow this but some consideration would be greatly appreciated.

As you should be very aware of; I am allowed to eat lots of protein. You know that I am a carnivore from way back so this should not be a problem. So why must you be so fussy?

That yummy roast beef and gravy was good enough for you last night so why can't you tolerate it for breakfast today? I really wanted that for breakfast. I'm tired of yogurt and oatmeal.

You are not being fair. Please be more considerate in the future.

Thanks for trying to help me get skinny.

Your humble minion-Chris

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/13/15 10:41 am, edited 5/13/15 10:41 am

2 things to consider:

1. Even now, 7 years post op, i can eat much more later during the day. And some foods are "no go " early, but OK later...in evening. 

2. Some people have problem with leftovers.  Reheating change texture.  Most of the time ~ i need to reheat meats on a stove...in little bit of liquid. Microwave makes most meat really tough. My poch tolerates food reheated in microwave now..but not all of them. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kiwideb
on 5/13/15 6:20 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

Huh... I thought it was a just me thing. I can barely fit in a pot of yogurt only in the am (being a slider and all) but try it with eggs or dense protein and I fill up really fast. In comparison it feels like I can eat forever at night - easily 5-6oz before I sneeze :)

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/13/15 5:46 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

My pouch's name is Matilda. 

Matilda doesn't like very much solid food in the morning.  She likes to be a real ***** about it, too.  

Matilda also doesn't like cucumbers.  Not at 1 month out, not at 6 months out and even now, at 15 months out.  Matilda likes to hurl them across the room -- projectile style.  Once she even did it in front of my fussy boss at a dinner party.  That was especially appreciated. 

Matilda has a very sick sense of humor.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/13/15 7:44 pm

Lol... My pouch name is Betty... She now does not tolerate anything but warm liquids in the mornings.  Even protein shakes are no go. 

And Betty hates carrots. Specially raw carrots.  More than one small bite, and it will get stuck.  It does not matter if i chew it, shred it. With or without other veggies.  I gave up on raw carrots couple of years ago. I can eat a couple of cooked baby carrots - more than 2....and it is all coming up. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/15 8:10 pm - Canada

Nice to meet you Betty. I don't blame you for not liking raw carrots. They are so darn healthy!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/15 8:06 pm - Canada

Nice to meet you Matilda! lol. Pouchie Poo seems ok with cucumbers for now. I cannot imagine projectile vomiting at a dinner party. I'd have crawled under the table right quick. I've had things go bad 2 hours after eating something. My drive home from work is an hour long and once my dear Pouchie Poo decided that it was not liking the chicken I brought for supper. Did you know that the handles on plastic grocery bags can hang on your ears? It makes it pretty convenient to toss your cookies while driving...

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/13/15 8:14 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Lol, I will let Matlida know to remind me to bring plastic bags with handles if my boss ever danes to eat with me again... 

I was called exorcist girl for months after Matlida's debacle.  Did I mention that it happened in the middle of my boss' award acceptance speech?  

Matilda does not like cucumbers. As my husband always says, "Cukes make puke."  

I love him anyhow. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Grim_Traveller
on 5/13/15 8:09 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

My bologna has a first name.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Gina 22 years out
on 5/14/15 6:47 am - Burleson, TX

Your bologna has the same first name as my pouch...rhymes with pouch...and grouch... cute, huh ???

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things