Bariatric Coach

realself912
on 5/8/15 10:48 pm

Could any recommend a bariatric coach? I don't want a counselor, I want someone to help keep me motivated through my surgery and weight loss journey.

Thank you!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/9/15 8:26 am - OH

FWIW, I don't think someone else can keep you motivated.  The best they can do is remind you of the reasons that you have given them about why you had surgery and what you hope for your life after losing the weight.

Motivation is internal.  Save yourself the money and post a list of motivating factors on your bathroom mirror... and then come here for FREE support when your motivation wanes!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

realself912
on 5/9/15 8:45 am

Hi Lora,

Many thanks for your reply. I still would prefer to work with a coach. I worked with a career coach and she was wonderful when I was making a career transition. I'd like to find a bariatric coach to do the same.  I need a lot more help than posting stickies on my bathroom mirror :-)

With gratitude,

Lily

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/9/15 12:00 pm - OH

Just make sure you find someone who actually has some legitimate credentials to back up their "coach" title.  MANY do not.  At least a counselor has to have at least a Master's degree and state licensure. ANYONE, even someone with no bariatric surgery experience or background whatsoever, can call themselves a coach and charge people money.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

LookingForOnederlan
d

on 5/9/15 9:36 am - Shelbyville, TN

I work with Wendy Sims Campbell and Sandi Henderson. They have many different levels of coaching, from weekly conference calls, a Facebok daily group and one-on-one coaching. Their info is here:http://wlssuccessmatters.com/.

They attend many conferences and have a nice large following, so you are never "alone".

Good luck in your journey!

Sleeved on 6/19/2014  Hw 277  Sw 254   Cw  142  Gw 135

M1 -20  M2 -10  M3 -11  M4 -11  M5 -11  M6 -8  M7 -8  M8 -8  M9 -1  M10 -8  M11 -4  M12 -2  M13-18-5

ONEderland 10/15/2014

hollykim
on 5/9/15 8:37 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 9, 2015 at 9:36 AM Pacific Time, LookingForOnederland wrote:

I work with Wendy Sims Campbell and Sandi Henderson. They have many different levels of coaching, from weekly conference calls, a Facebok daily group and one-on-one coaching. Their info is here:http://wlssuccessmatters.com/.

They attend many conferences and have a nice large following, so you are never "alone".

Good luck in your journey!

can you share what professional/educational qualifications these ladies have?

realself912
on 5/13/15 9:00 pm

Hello LookingForOnederland,

I will certainly look into them. My idea of a coach is someone like what Geno Auriemma is to the UConn girls basketball team. A coach is someone that keeps you motivated, keeps you on track, is accessible as well as a great means of support. You have to really click with the coach in order to get the most out of the coaching process. They seem to offer what I am looking for.

Many thanks for the info!