Gastric sleeve failure??

Tcl24
on 5/8/15 4:35 pm

Hi,

I had a gastric sleeve in June 2013... It was the best thing ever. I lost 60 lbs no issue. Had the most amazing 6 months of my life. Was getting complimented left and right... Never happened to me before. Then came spring and I slowly started to snack more and I think I stretched my sleeve. Fast forward a year later I am almost back to my pre sleeve weight which makes me just so sick. Anyone have any tips?? 

Grim_Traveller
on 5/8/15 9:09 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Eat less.

Everyone's sleeve stretches a little, but it can't stretch that much. If you drink calories, graze, eat high calorie foods, drink with meals, or a dozen other bad habits, you can easily gain weight.

Go back to dense protein first. Cut out the crappy carbs. Stick to an eating schedule. Don't drink calories or drink while eating.

You can lose, you just have to cut the bad habits and get back on your plan.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

poplargreys
on 5/8/15 9:13 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

You probably didn't stretch your sleeve, you just fell back into habits that allowed you to work around the tool your surgeon gave you. Do you have local support groups that you can attend to help you stay accountable and provide encouragement and support? If so, start attending them. Did your surgeon/dietician give you eating/excercise guidelines to follow? If so, start following them. My plan calls for three meals a day, 70% protein 30% vegetable, NO snacking, NO liquid calories outside of planned meals, NO sugar/caffeine/simple carbohydrates. Sit down and honestly evaluate your diet, see where you need to change, and start implementing those changes tomorrow. Good luck.

Kate -True Brit
on 5/10/15 3:41 am - UK

Stretching your sleeve dramatically is incredibly unlikely. I am not sleeved but I believe it can get a little larger, but not enough to make a really big difference.

if you are gaining, you are eating too much. It really is that simple.  Go back to eating as you were back when you were losing weight. You answer your own question when you say you are snacking!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,