Beautiful at any size

mysty888
on 5/7/15 9:45 am
RNY on 01/22/15

I am almost to halfway! Yay! To celebrate, I went to Glamour Shots and had some gorgeous full body pics done. They were beautiful! I did not have surgery for vanity reasons, it was for health reasons. I have always loved my body, my shape, my curves, my whole life. Yes, it got to a point that was out of control and my health was deteriorating, and something had to be done. However, I still loved my body and so did my boyfriend. At halfway, I know I will never be this size again. I still have curves, and a little bit of extra skin, so I wanted to take pictures while I was still bigger. I'm afraid that I won't like my body when I'm thin. I know I will miss my curves and the skin isn't going to be good. I don't know if I will have plastic surgery or not, I will decide later. Regardless, I am so thankful for this surgery and journey. I love myself and my body at any size, but I will love myself for longer when I am healthier. I'm so happy I had these done and I felt beautiful while doing them. I can't wait to do them again when I hit goal. I will forever have a beautiful reminder of where I have been, and where I will never be again. I've been severely overweight for 19 years, that is the last time I saw a 1 on the scale. I don't want to forget that part of my life and start living now, I have lived that time, heavy and happy. I am grateful to have a beautiful reminder of it. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/7/15 10:01 am
On May 7, 2015 at 4:45 PM Pacific Time, mysty888 wrote:

I am almost to halfway! Yay! To celebrate, I went to Glamour Shots and had some gorgeous full body pics done. They were beautiful! I did not have surgery for vanity reasons, it was for health reasons. I have always loved my body, my shape, my curves, my whole life. Yes, it got to a point that was out of control and my health was deteriorating, and something had to be done. However, I still loved my body and so did my boyfriend. At halfway, I know I will never be this size again. I still have curves, and a little bit of extra skin, so I wanted to take pictures while I was still bigger. I'm afraid that I won't like my body when I'm thin. I know I will miss my curves and the skin isn't going to be good. I don't know if I will have plastic surgery or not, I will decide later. Regardless, I am so thankful for this surgery and journey. I love myself and my body at any size, but I will love myself for longer when I am healthier. I'm so happy I had these done and I felt beautiful while doing them. I can't wait to do them again when I hit goal. I will forever have a beautiful reminder of where I have been, and where I will never be again. I've been severely overweight for 19 years, that is the last time I saw a 1 on the scale. I don't want to forget that part of my life and start living now, I have lived that time, heavy and happy. I am grateful to have a beautiful reminder of it. 

what happens to the statement: "Beautiful as any size???:" 

"...I'm afraid that I won't like my body when I'm thin. I know I will miss my curves and the skin isn't going to be good..."

Looks like you already judging your future body... don't do that... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Grim_Traveller
on 5/7/15 10:16 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Corrie33
on 5/7/15 3:28 am, edited 5/7/15 3:28 am
RNY on 02/09/15

I'm almost half-way, too... and though it's still very early, I began a weightloss photo album to keep with me.  I was SHOCKED at my "before" pics, as I haven't looked at them since I took them almost a year ago.  Whereas I've been stalled lately and not feeling as good about the the weight coming off... I compared the before pics to my half-way pics and WOW.  

Anyway... not to highjack your thread, I just wanted to share that.  I'm glad you got your glamour pics done and are really happy with them.  Any way you can post a few for us to see???

Also - I've been trying to think of a way to celebrate when I hit my goal... I think I will do Glamour shots as well - great idea!

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

mysty888
on 5/7/15 10:34 am
RNY on 01/22/15

They are on the "sexy" side, so not particularly appropriate for this forum or the internet, or I would. I just felt so beautiful doing them, that I had to share :). It's great to see the before and during pics to really see the differences, it's hard to see day to day changes. Glamour Shots was awesome and I had a great Groupon for it, so I thought, why not. It was definitely worth it.

Tracy D.
on 5/7/15 10:53 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Once you get to goal weight your body will definitely look different.  It won't be the old familiar friend that you've had for the last 19 years.  But that doesn't mean you can't make a new friend :-)  

I absolutely struggled with not really liking how my thinner body looked.  Mostly because of the sagging skin.  But as I started exercising more and tightening up long-forgotten muscles I learned how to appreciate and love my body for its strength; for how well it held up during the decades of abuse I heaped on it; for the new muscles I was gaining; and for how I could now do things I would never have had the energy or stamina for before.  

So remember the title of your post:  "Beautiful at any size"...and remind yourself that true beauty isn't tied to a number on the scale or how you look in pictures.  It's about how YOU feel about yourself.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

mysty888
on 5/7/15 10:57 am
RNY on 01/22/15

I think a lot of people in the world assume thin is more attractive, I just know it's not going to look perfect, and I'm prepared for that. I know I will love my body and feel beautiful, but it will be different than how I feel beautiful now, and that will take some getting used to. 

Tracy D.
on 5/7/15 11:16 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It's taken me a good 18 months to get to a place where I'm more comfortable and accepting of the "new" body.  It will take you awhile but you'll get there :-)  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

robinreinhardt
on 5/7/15 11:41 am

Mysty,

You have such a great attitude. Good for you for loving your body. Thank you for your post today. It made me count my blessings.

Robin

mysty888
on 5/7/15 8:16 pm
RNY on 01/22/15

Thank you, and you are welcome. Glad I could pass the happiness on.