Just booked my VGS procedure-May 25th Dr Jaime Ponce

SMorash
on 5/6/15 1:19 pm - Dartmouth, Canada
VSG on 05/25/15

I am very excited that I have finally made the decision to do this.  I have spent a long time going back and forth but I am now ready to make the journey.  I am having my procedure done with Dr Ponce.  I would love to have suggestions on things to bring with me and how to prepare to deal with the days following my procedure.  I think I am most anxious about the flight home as I live in eastern Canada but also how to make myself comfortable while I am down in Mexico recovering.  Please text your suggestions!  Thanks in advance

Ready2goNOW
on 5/6/15 3:38 pm

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!

I am still pre-op so I cannot offer any suggestions, but do wish you the best of luck!

Kathy

SMorash
on 5/7/15 6:29 am - Dartmouth, Canada
VSG on 05/25/15

Thanks Kathy, best of luck to you as well!

Alklein12
on 5/12/15 10:55 am - Beverly, MA

Congrats on making the decision. I am just about 2 weeks post op on the VSG, as I had mine done on April 23rd.  I only had to spend 1 night in the hospital and I didn't need much. I only brought with me a change of underwear and socks and left with what I wore to the hospital which was something comfortable.  They had given me toiletries.  ( I did a lot of research before hand on what to bring, and I was told not to bring much) I also brought my cell phone and ipod although I really didn't need either because over the night I did just sleep the majority of the night due to the pain meds and that morning I tried to move around.  Hope that helps.

SMorash
on 5/12/15 11:49 am - Dartmouth, Canada
VSG on 05/25/15

That is great thanks alot. I have been planning out my bag as well and I know I won't have much with me.  How is your recovery going?

Alklein12
on 5/12/15 12:42 pm - Beverly, MA

It's going really well.  The first few days home I did feel pretty nauseuous but it passed after I got off the pain meds and passed some gas (which REALLY helps). I just recently started walking again, slowly but it feels really good. Everyone is different. All my incisions feel great, and really only after a few days they felt good, just the one where they actually pulled they stomach out of was sore and is still a tiny sore now.  The more active you are I think the better you feel :)

VSG 4/23/15  GOAL 130LBS