Stretched sleeve

Mysleeve
on 5/4/15 4:09 pm

Feeling fearful. I'm post opt by 3years and 9 months. For the couple of years I've been suffering of back pain, until recently hear I was rush to the ER and had emergency surgery and removed my gull bladder which was full of gull stones and some stones stuck in my bile duck. Recovery time could not be less than 6 weeks. The procedure was very similar to the gastric sleeve. 

The Surgen told me it appeared I have a stretched pouch. I fear the thought of having to go through the process once again.  Can someone offer a recommendation to by pass surgery again?

Amy R.
on 5/5/15 7:25 am

I think it might help us to answer you if we had some more information.  For instance, was  your original surgery a sleeve or the rny (bypass)?  Have you re-gained any weight?

Mysleeve
on 5/5/15 11:48 am

My original surgery was a sleeve back August 31, 2011. And yes I have gained about 15 lbs in the last year. However, I don't feel as if I can loose anymore. Technically only lost about 85-lbs  

Hislady
on 5/5/15 10:06 am - Vancouver, WA

Your surgeon needs to stick to his own surgery and not worry about something he knows nothing about. For 1. you have a stomach not a pouch, it fully functions as a stomach not like a pouch. 2.The only similarity to the sleeve surgery would be they are in the same general area. 3. It takes a great deal of over eating to stretch a sleeve because they remove the stretchy part of the stomach so what is left is the least stretchy part. So he is right in one thing a sleeve isn't going to look like a by pass pouch but that doesn't mean anything is stretched it just means he doesn't know what he is talking about and probably scared you for no reason what so ever! I doubt there is anything at all wrong with it but if it will ease your mind you can always have your sleeve surgeon check it out.

Mysleeve
on 5/5/15 11:07 am

I greatly appreciate you for responding. I have also read up some more about stretch sleeves and after reading your response it makes a whole lot of More sense.  

Thank you!

Laura in Texas
on 5/5/15 11:10 am

Even if your stomach is a bit bigger (and they all get a little bigger as time goes by) it does not mean you have to fill it with food. You are in control of how much you eat. If you are maintaining, keep doing what you are doing. If you have regained, track your food and cut back.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Mysleeve
on 5/5/15 12:25 pm

Thx!  I just feel I've been doing just that but not loosing anymore. 

Maureen H.
on 5/8/15 1:12 pm
VSG on 10/30/14

Best answer ⬆️