Throwing up

tiredofthediets
on 4/29/15 9:26 am
RNY on 03/23/15

So last night I threw up right after I ate some buffalo chicken. Not sure if I ate too fast or if it was the hot sauce. Then this morning I was in the bathroom with what I call an "attack." Not sure if again it was the chicken or the fish we had for dinner. Therefore my tummy felt icky all day so I barely ate. I tried, my stomach just didn't seem to be accepting it well. So tonight for dinner I had maybe 1/4 cup of shredded chicken in Italian dressing. Since then I have felt it was stuck and then just ran to the bathroom feeling like I had to throw up but didnt. So.....1. Can throwing up hurt our pouch? 2. After throwing up or a stomach attack, should I stick to liquids for a day? Thanks in advance as I'm only 5 weeks out and still getting used to all of this.

NHPOD9
on 4/29/15 9:52 am

My center always recommended 24 hours of liquids or soft foods after vomiting, in order to reduce any swelling or irritation. If you have vomited three times in the last day, I would definitely recommend being gentle with your pouch for the next 24 hours. 

Keep track of these occurrences. You could be eating too fast, advancing your diet too quickly, or you could be developing a stricture. If these "attacks" continue, definitely let your center know. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

tiredofthediets
on 4/29/15 10:05 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Thanks Jen! Thas what I was thinking is that I should've stuck to more liquids today!