Stomach Apron

Pokemom
on 4/30/15 2:36 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

This post made me happy.  Find what we can do with our bodies.  Just because we lose weight does not mean we will be supermodels.  Most people do not fit the "perfect body" look anyway, even thin people.  Be strong.  Do what we can do.  Celebrate what we can do.  Find our strengths and accentuate them.  I loved the thoughts there, Skinny.  Thanks.

SkinnyScientist
on 4/30/15 8:17 pm

:)

I like your post too!  You should be an editor or write cliff notes or something because you crystallized EXACTLY what I was getting at.

I can hardly wait for the OP to start losing and getting activities back she may not have even been fully aware that she had "lost" .  Roller coasters at theme parks seem to be a very popular one.  Or being able to shop for clothes at 98% of the stores at the mall instead being limited just to Lane Bryant/Catherines.

How about shrinking OUT OF Woman Within and Roaman's (which have really pretty clothes by the way).

Or when Boston Proper or some other VA-Va-Voom clothing manufacturer (that likes leopard print) starts sending her catalogs?

I can hardly wait to read her happy posts!!

Have a great day Pokeman!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Ladytazz
on 4/29/15 2:15 pm

There is always the possibility that your insurance will cover a pannectomy if the loose skin causes issues like rashes and such.

I was lucky in that my insurance automatically paid for a panni removal with a loss of at least 100 lbs and a doctor's statement of medical necessity.  They required no documentation thankfully as I did have minor issues but perhaps not to the level of medical necessity.

My surgeon did tell me he removed 4 lbs of skin/fat so it was significant.

I have a picture taken of me right before my panni in shorts and you can see the bulge there.

My weight was about 135 in this photo.

This photo was a few months later, about the same weight.

So it did make a big difference.

BTW, these pictures were back from 2003 and 2004, after my first WLS.

I regained 100 lbs. Fortunately when I lost the weight the lower stomach stayed flat.  I regained the weight above and below that area but not in my lower stomach at all.

I also had the "girls" filled out.  The panni I have never regretted.  I wish I could say the same about the boobs.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

SkinnyScientist
on 4/30/15 10:07 am

Hi! I dont mean to get to personal. But can you share why you arent happy with having the girls filled out.

The reason I ask is:  I am down to an A cup.  I figure if I am going to get plastics on my thighs, while i am there i should just get them taken care of.

SkinnyScientist
on 4/30/15 10:04 am

HI!

You DONT know that. Every body is different.

I was also pear shaped prior to surgery. Was a pear even when thin in HS> When I was MO, I was a crazy extreme pear (huge ass that stuck out like a shelf. I looked like 2 different people stuck together by God. One person had from the waist up the other from the waist down).

As I lost weight, I became more proportional. I also lifted weights post-op and built up my shoulders. I am now X shaped. I did some abs in every areorbics class (and weight class..there is always 10 minutes of core). 

The only sagging skin that I really have is in my thighs. It is sort of in wrinkly cleaves. Like 3 little boobs on each thigh.

My protruberant stomach oddly sucked itself in. It is full of stretch marks. but that is ok. I DO NOT have an apron.

So even though you are pear, you may not get an apron.

Also, I can wear shirts tucked in. I wear fit and flare dresses. I also wear the sexy "bandage" dresses you get at White House/Black Market. They kept any jiggle firmly held in and I looked hot (per my hubby).

I wear fitted pants too!  The best cuts for us are boot cuts and bell bottoms to keep that hour glass shape flowing and balance the hips.

Do not be aftraid. Work you plan, exercerise when you can, and KNOW that YOU did ALL you could have humanly done. The rest is in fates hands.