"Life is too Short not to eat Good Food ..."

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/15 1:51 am

Two of the skinniest ( way over  twenty) chicks I know with enviable defined bodies both said pretty much exactly the same thing when ( others) asked what their diet was ... "I REFUSE TO DIET !!! " One's a personal trainer and fitness competitor with a six pack you could bounce quarters off of and muscle definition that shows through her clothes - AND she is raising two little kids she gave birth to ..

I suspect they're onto something .  Dieting ( or starving your body , by your body's understanding) slows your metabolism.. often permanently.  You do it enough you'll end up eating like a rabbit or blowing back up the second you decide to eat like the human race ... 

The choice hat has worked somewhat for me since proximal RNY surgery five years ago is lots of fat free complex carbs ... with fresh fruit and mostly homegrown  fresh vegetables .  I do eat meat mostly lean meat ..and don't demonize any food including gluten and sugar .  Alcohol put weight on me until I stopped drinking .

What I'd like to learn is better portion control and not having to put something in my mouth the moment I get hungry ...My self-feeding and focus on food can be socially inappropriate and I need get better control for my work - where there are craft tables available with many tempting treats  when I am nervous as a cat , tired and anxious about my performance and remembering my lines and marks ... 

jastypes
on 4/22/15 4:01 am - Croydon, PA

I agree, but thing "good" food might have different meanings to different people.  I eat food to fuel my body in the best way possible.  I eat mostly what one might consider "healthy" foods.  I don't eat sugar because I'm addicted to it.  I don't eat corn chips or drink alcohol, because I am addicted to them, or as I like to put it... my body has an allergy to those things.  Portion control for me has to include weighing and measuring food because my brain and my stomach do not agree on the right amount of food for me at any given meal.  I do use small plates and bowls to try and trick myself sometimes, but I often use measuring cups, measuring spoons and a food scale to keep me on track, and I'm almost 8 years out from RNY.  I also use the program of Overeaters Anonymous to deal with the emotional and spiritual aspects of the disease of addiction/compulsive overeating.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

MyLady Heidi
on 4/22/15 5:24 am

Life is too short to be spent fat, tired, miserable and unable to keep up.  I prefer to diet my way through life and be a normal size and be able to move about then to eat better and be miserable.  My son who has excellent metabolism can eat great foods and be thin and healthy and thats excellent for him, but for me, that would not work.  My idea of good food is a pint of Ben & Jerry and a chocolate cake.  So you make choices in life, everything is a choice, my choice is to eat healthy, clean, organic, gmo free food that I can see and appreciate what it actually consists of and keep my calories low enough to maintain without hunger or feeling deprived.  I am not deprived at all.  I eat a few chocolates every day.  But I calculate it all in.  I just pulled my head out of my ass and started living in the real world instead of in denial and everything is so much better, and I don't wake up 10 pounds heavier because I refuse to go back to where I was.  One bad day is followed by a getting back on track and staying on track day.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/22/15 5:50 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm confused. How is Ben & Jerry's "healthy" or "clean?"

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

MyLady Heidi
on 4/22/15 6:34 am

MY POINT IS MY IDEA OF GOOD FOOD GOT ME ******G DIABETES AND 20 YEARS OF MORBID OBESITY AND NEEDING TO HAVE WLS TO HAVE A CHANCE AT A NORMAL LIFE.  IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU.

Why don't you block me instead of trolling me.  You obviously hate me.  Do us both a favor, I don't bother to learn peoples names, so to me you are no one, but when I see your ******g bull**** on my posts it reminds me you are a troll who always says ****  So block me or report me or do something other then write on my posts, because as is very evident you are not here to help anyone.

on 4/22/15 6:37 am
RNY on 08/05/19
On April 22, 2015 at 1:34 PM Pacific Time, MyLady Heidi wrote:

MY POINT IS MY IDEA OF GOOD FOOD GOT ME ******G DIABETES AND 20 YEARS OF MORBID OBESITY AND NEEDING TO HAVE WLS TO HAVE A CHANCE AT A NORMAL LIFE.  IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU.

Why don't you block me instead of trolling me.  You obviously hate me.  Do us both a favor, I don't bother to learn peoples names, so to me you are no one, but when I see your ******g bull**** on my posts it reminds me you are a troll who always says ****  So block me or report me or do something other then write on my posts, because as is very evident you are not here to help anyone.

Holy smokes.

I was just looking for some clarification, since your post seemed to be contradicting itself.

NikkyBeauty
on 4/22/15 7:18 am, edited 4/22/15 7:19 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

well she did clearly say her "idea" of good food is Ben & Jerrys and chocolate cake! Basically saying she could eat that all day but she'll gain weight so she chooses to eat healthy and clean! I don't know how u missed the point lol! 

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

on 4/22/15 7:25 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Many people use the phrase "good food" to refer to "healthy food," which was my assumption. She also mentioned ice cream, and then said she eats chocolate post-op. Entirely possible to miss what she meant in that context.

NikkyBeauty
on 4/22/15 1:59 pm, edited 4/22/15 2:03 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Ok I missed all that again my bad for saying something I'm not tryna beef with yall on here I was just pointing out that it wasn't hard to understand what she was saying but I now see the part where she said she eats chocolate, so I get why you ask so again I apologize it was my fault I didn't read it all correctly!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/22/15 7:54 am

I don't know why you think you need to snap out a smart remark and stick your oar in. Julie didn't make an assumption-she asked a clarifying question. Perhaps she should have just assumed?

I wasn't completely clear on what Heidi was saying, either.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org