7 Years Post-Op Update !!

sleevelouise
on 4/21/15 7:21 pm

Thank you so much for the positivity and inspiration. I hope to reach as much as you did!

Cheers!

Had surgery at Nordbariatric, with surgeon A. Maleckas.

Cassandra B.
on 4/21/15 8:26 pm - Alexandria, VA

Good Morning, 

You are so welcome, and I know you will be very successful! 

Stay blessed and always encouraged.

Cassandra B. (www.tallnsassy.net or www.tallnsassy.com)

RNY in 2008 by Dr. Amir Moazzez (INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital, VA)

Shotard
on 4/27/15 11:42 pm - LA

I will be 4 years out this July...I have done welllost 130 pounds and have managed to keep most of it off.....I have found this year to be a *****allenging as I find I can eat more and I do pick protein first always and do not eat much sweets etc I have gained 6 pounds and have trouble getting them off.  Makes me nervous but I will keep the faith and move forward....Still great as I would have never done this alone. This was a great decision that did not come easy but probably saved my life.  Would do it again in a second..no regrets!  Did you find you can eat more over time also?

Cassandra B.
on 4/28/15 2:10 am - Alexandria, VA

Greetings, 

Actually,  over the yrs, I've not been able to overeat. I learned the hard way back in my first yr post surgery when I ate a bit too much and had the dumping syndrome. Never again did I overeat.  Lol. That was not a good experience at all. 

I constantly watch what I eat, and always exercise  (just walking). Jus****ch what u eat. Limit your sugar and keep active.  You will do just fine. 

Stay blessed and always encouraged.

Cassandra B. (www.tallnsassy.net or www.tallnsassy.com)

RNY in 2008 by Dr. Amir Moazzez (INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital, VA)

cosmo1
on 4/28/15 4:52 am - LA

So glad to hear of your success after seven years. I had the gastric bypass five years and one day ago and I am happy to say it was a complete success. I lost 122 pounds and virtually cured my Diabetes, I went from 18 pills a day to 3 and I have never felt or looked better. I would urge all who have had the procedure or are considering it that this is a life changing event and you must change your habits to to have success. I am unable to work out at the gym due to injuries sustained in VietNam but I am able to walk as many miles as I please. So I definitely think this surgery saved my life and I know there are many more success stories out there. I was the first male that the surgery was performed on at Cabrini hospital in Alexandria and had the best Dr possible and great care and I do believe that was a factor of my success. Again congratulations and keep it up