7 Years Post-Op Update !!

Cassandra B.
on 4/20/15 8:54 pm - Alexandria, VA

Good Morning to All!

I just wanted to say that for those who are considering WLS, it's hard work, but, it will change your life for the better!  For those who've had it, keep up the good work!  Yes it's hard, but YOU CAN DO IT!

I had my WLS (RNY) back in 2008.  I started out at 281lbs, with high blood pressure/diabetes.  I almost lost my sight to my diabetes. That was my turning point to have my WLS.  Now, I'm down to 175 (I'm tall 5'10") and I no longer am on any medication for my high blood pressure/diabetes.  God is GOOD! I'm healthy and feel alive again!

Everyday is filled with people bringing in junk food to work, or people at church bringing in unhealthy treats, or going out to eat, and the menu is filled with nothing but empty calories, but it's up to me to make the decision to eat healthy wherever I am, and stay active too. 

My active is...wallking.  I've never gone to a gym since my surgery...I walk, walk, walk!  Walking has done me a lot of good, and it makes me feel great.  Do whatever exercise makes you feel good, and one that won't allow you to be bored (if you get bored, your likely to stop being active).  Keep moving and most importantly, keep taking your vitamins!

Life post-op has been wonderful for me.  I'm more active, move confident (I'm in front of the camera now...instead of always hiding behind it).  So many opportunities have opened up for me...and I'm so thankful to Heavenly Father for opening those doors.

Don't give up!  Keep pressing on! Life is way too short... so, live it being healthy, happy and confident!!

Stay blessed and always encouraged.

Smooches!!!

Cassandra B. (www.tallnsassy.net or www.tallnsassy.com)

RNY in 2008 by Dr. Amir Moazzez (INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital, VA)

LeapSecond
on 4/20/15 9:09 pm - AR

Great post filled with hope and encouragement!  Thanks.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Cassandra B.
on 4/20/15 9:18 pm - Alexandria, VA

Anytime...we're all here to help and encourage one another.

Have a good one!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/20/15 9:59 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Thanks for the update!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Cassandra B.
on 4/20/15 10:05 pm - Alexandria, VA

Cathy W.
on 4/20/15 11:04 pm

Congratulations on your 7 year surgery anniversary.  Great update for pre-ops and post-ops to keep in mind.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Patm
on 4/21/15 12:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations on your success. Thanks for posting. In future would be easier to read without colours. I almost just closed the post when I saw it. That would have been unfortunate since you have some great advice

JB1114
on 4/21/15 12:49 am - Grain Valley, MO

Good for you.  What a positive post!!  My surgery was 7/8/2008. 

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Cassandra B.
on 4/21/15 1:26 am - Alexandria, VA

Cool, almost your anniversary.  Congrats and much more success to you!

KattattaK
on 4/21/15 1:09 am

Encouraging post. Thanks for posting this!!!