Finding large woman evening wear for a wedding in a month???

Suze L.
on 4/19/15 2:41 pm - Everett, WA

I am still rather large, apprx 235 lbs, with most of it in my midsection (large belly area, saggy chest, and bat-wing upper arms).

But my immediate problem is that my son is getting married next month and I don't have a clue where I can find appropriate "mother of the groom" evening wear for the wedding. I live north of Seattle, Washington and can't afford much either.

I really need some help... Does anyone have any suggestions of where I might find a place that sells evening wear for the still large woman???

Suze
NYMom222
on 4/19/15 2:48 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I would look at David's Bridal Bridesmaid Dresses. The bridesmaids dresses are much more reasonable than the Mother of the Bride/Groom dresses. They also come up to size 26, which at 235 I doubt you are...so you shouldn't have trouble finding your size. They have wraps/shawls you can buy to complete the look if you think you need it. If you have a store near you, you might find something right off the rack, or you can order the same style online in all the colors. Probably the most economical on such short notice.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Modest_Phoenix
on 4/19/15 5:36 pm

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Little_One_Within
on 4/19/15 7:12 pm

Hello Suze :) If you want to shop online, I would like to suggest Eshakti. They do have a "wear to event" section and for $7,50 you can have your dress entirely customized to your own specific measurements and taste: you can add sleeves, remove pockets, you can choose the length, you can even choose the neck line sometimes... Maybe you will find something you like there! Have a great day :)

christinerocks
on 4/19/15 8:30 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Online - try JessicaLondon.com, FullBeauty.com, bcoutlet.com.  

igigi.com has beautiful dresses with fantastic fit and tailoring, but they can be expensive. Look at the clearance section. 

You can also try EBay, where you can find gently used dresses, and sometimes new, at a good price.  

You will look BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations and enjoy this once in a lifetime day!

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Superchunk77
on 4/19/15 11:25 pm

I second eshakti!  I would also try Dress Barn, Macys.  Where I live there are a bunch of consignment shops as well

Superchunk77
on 4/20/15 12:22 am

I almost forgot!!   www.modcloth.com  

Maria27
on 4/20/15 1:01 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I have seen some nice dresses in the plus size section at Maurice's, which would probably be cheaper than some of your other options. The ones I saw were sleeveless, but you could probably find a wrap or shawl to cover your arms.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Sarahlicious
on 4/20/15 4:16 am - Portsmouth, OH

OneStopPlus combines several websites, it's now called FullBeauty, they have a special occasion dress section. http://www.fullbeauty.com/plus-size-special-occasion-dresses .aspx?deptid=15080

Also Avenue has some special occasion http://www.avenue.com/en_US/plus-size-clothing/dresses/ Might find location in your area.

Catherines http://catherines.lanebryant.com/plus-size-dresses/best-dres sed-guest-collection/4559c17769/index.cat

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

jgreenlee12
on 4/20/15 2:41 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I actually have one hanging in my closet that I wore once at my sons wedding about 4 years ago. its a size 18 and Ive been trying to figure out what to do with it. I can send you a pic of it later this evening if you are interested. its a dark purple color.