Water pills

bonkers-1952
on 4/14/15 5:51 pm

Is there anyone taking water pills for health issues? If so, I wonder how it works out with your fluid recommendations. I would love to hear from you?

Amy R.
on 4/15/15 2:39 am, edited 4/15/15 2:40 am

I take them for edema.  I've not been told to change my fluid consumption because of them, but I drink at least 3 liters of water every day, and that doesn't even include other fluids.

Did you just begin taking them?  Do you take them daily?

edited to add:  I didn't think to ask you, but have you had surgery and if so what kind and when?  I'm a way out, working on my seventh year post-op so I may have different issues and guidelines than you do.

NYMom222
on 4/15/15 5:21 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I went off my water pills right after surgery. I needed to take potassium as the water pills made my potassium low. I couldn't crush the potassium and they tried giving me liquid but it all tasted horrid. So I just told my PCP it didn't make sense to be taking a diuretic especially early on when there is a higher chance of being dehydrated. It's like they are working against each other. She agreed to take me off cautiously, but made me come back a couple of times to get my B/P taken. I was still on the separate B/P med. Although I am off that as well now. I had no problem with swelling once I had surgery and came off my water pill. So glad I did. 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save