What are Your Favorite Non-"Meat" High Protein Foods and Recipies

poet_kelly
on 4/17/15 7:28 am - OH

Greek yogurt, beans, cheese, almond butter, and chia seeds and flax seeds added to foods.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cathy W.
on 4/17/15 7:32 am

Check out the OH Recipe message board for recipes members have posted.  You could also cross-post on that board as well.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Patrice
(PatriceMarieV1 on...

on 4/17/15 7:41 am
RNY on 03/11/15

Thanks everyone, these are some great ideas!

Hislady
on 4/17/15 8:08 am - Vancouver, WA

Just google high protein/low carb recipes and you'll have a truck load of new ideas.

Eggface
on 4/17/15 12:01 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

LOL Too much cheese?! NEVER ;) Signed, Cheese-o-holic.

Egg Bites with pretty much anything you want in them are a pretty easy and quick to prepare. Make 24 at a time, last in fridge for several days or freeze and defrost: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/10/party -time-confetti-bites.html the vegetarian ones are at the end.

I love ricotta cheese... savory or sweet. Lots of recipes for using that on the blog. This one is a fav Green Chili Relleno Casserole: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/10/its-w orld-egg-day-8-eggceptional-recipes.html

Hope those give you a few new ideas,

~Michelle "Shelly"

P.S. TY to those above that gave the blog a shout out xo

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Patrice
(PatriceMarieV1 on...

on 4/17/15 12:52 pm
RNY on 03/11/15

Thanks Shelly, I tried your Ricotta pancakes a few days ago and they worked great to satisfy my carb craving. Cheese and carbs... My weaknesses...

momjan
on 4/17/15 1:43 pm - Canada

Tofu; the wonder food.  Marinate cubes of tofu in a soy sauce based marinate and grill.  Slice tofu into slabs (flatten tofu on paper towels, with a plate on top of the tofu, to remove extra water), dredge in egg, then in a bit of panko.  Spray with PAM, bake until golden.  You can also add things like chili powder or soy sauce to the egg wash, or garlic powder, or, or...... You can toss some into a protein shake and whirl in the blender....... Crumble tofu and mix with eggs for scramble.  You can use it in cheese cake type recipes.....you can make veggie burgers - lots of recipes out there......THEN you have the pre-made YVES brand of imitation pepperoni, ground beef, chicken, etc............lots of stuff out there you can use and lots of recipes for things you can make from scratch!!

Valerie G.
on 4/18/15 1:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You take meat out of the equation and all that's left is what you're eating.  Be careful about soy consumption, too, for the hormonal effects it leaves behind.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

TexasLady52
on 4/22/15 1:40 am
Revision on 06/10/14

On the days you don't want to cook or for a quick---go to.....Weny's Chili.  Love it!

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/15 2:00 am

I love Indian food .  They say 80% of the people in India are vegetarian .. and theres a HUGE variety of tastes to be sampled at any Indian buffet ( where a vegetarian is usually offered as a lower-cost option) .  I wanted try COOKING these recipes and bought a tn of different lentils , beans and spices and rices ( not very high cost thank God) ... and then my boyfriend moved in  who hates curry lol and is anything but vegetarian or open to experimenting with new foods lol.  

I love make fat free sugar free cheesecake with fat free ricotta  and fat free  sour cream.. coconut based fat free thai soups with my fresh vegetables (Tom Ka Gai ) .  You can and I do substitute fat free skim milk and coconut extract for the coconut milk and its tremendously satisfying and very low calorie.  I also love a greek salad with fat free feta and fat free blue cheese dressing ...