Pureed stage question

tiredofthediets
on 4/7/15 5:52 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I know I'm allowed tuna/egg/chicken salad on the pureed stage but am I allowed to put it on bread or a piece of cheese?

Maria27
on 4/7/15 6:15 am, edited 4/7/15 6:16 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I was only allowed melted cheese, and bread was definitely out of the question. Your program may be different, but if you are in doubt, I would suggest you skip it. The pureed stage is the not time to be taking chances with what you are eating. It is for your safety and healing. Also, you do not have room for bread right now. You will only be able to eat such a small amount that you need to reserve it for protein.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

poplargreys
on 4/7/15 6:43 am
VSG on 03/31/15

Every plan is different, but mine would encourage using cheese and strongly discourage using bread. That's a lifelong thing for me, along with potatoes, rice, pasta, etc. for a variety of reasons.

Luvmygs
on 4/7/15 7:04 am, edited 4/7/15 7:04 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I was definitely not allowed egg or chicken salad on my puree, unless I plan on putting it into a blender. I didn't do well with puree so I kinda stuck with fluids for a little longer until I graduated to soft foods. Its very important to stick with your plan to reduce chances of leaks in the staple line. You're still in the healing stage. Your stomach is still very swollen. Some of the foods I did eat on puree were cream of wheat, sweet potatoes, sugar free puddings, canned fruit pureed, and my favorite Progresso soup in a blender! 

Doingrightin2015
on 4/7/15 7:41 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Bread and cheese are not on my pureed list. I could do the egg, chicken and tuna salad mixed in food processor. I just eat mine with a spoon. That first tuna salad tasted so good.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

tiredofthediets
on 4/7/15 8:11 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Thanks everyone.  I was pretty sure bread was a no but I've never had tuna or egg salad by itself so I just thought I'd ask. I'm so ready for non liquids though that I'm sure that spoonful will taste great. 1 more week to go!