Losing slow and frustrated!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/15 7:32 am
RNY on 05/04/15

If you just started going to the gym today, I'm guessing you didn't weigh yourself on the same scale as your last weigh-in. Remember they can be calibrated (or mis-calibrated) very differently. Time of day also matters -- I weighed in last week at my OB/GYN's office 5 lbs higher than I did at home 3 days earlier, but when I did my next weekly AM weigh-in, I was actually down another 2 lbs.

Some people weigh daily, but that would stress me out so much and make me obsess over every little fluctuation. If you're like that too, it might be a good idea to get your own scale for consistency but weigh yourself fairly infrequently like you have been. First thing every Saturday morning works great for me.  =)

shirleym
on 4/15/15 8:32 am - Springfield, OR

I've always lost weight in spurts followed by holding steady for a while.  Even though I know this, I let a not moving scale depress me - it can ruin my whole day. I'm better off keeping away from the scales and judging progress by knowing I have stayed on my diet and that my clothes are fitting looser.  Others can weigh every day and deal with ups and downs, but I just can't.