diet pills

jean1101
on 4/12/15 2:49 am

I had gastric bypass 2 years ago lost 100Lbs.Gained 30 pounds back.I am just want to no can i take phentermine.

JB1114
on 4/12/15 4:23 am - Grain Valley, MO

IMO, you shouldn't take diet pills.  I didn't take them before WLS.  They can have side effects like raising blood pressure.  It would be best to get back to healthy eating.  Think about how you ate about 6 months after surgery. 

Gwen M.
on 4/12/15 5:32 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You best bet is to start tracking everything you eat with something like MyFitnessPal so you can see what you need to tweak in your diet.  From there, get back to your basics.  Here are mine, yours might be slightly different.  

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs, especially the refined and processed ones
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
5. Avoid liquid calories (breakfast protein shake is the exception)
6. Weigh portions, log everything consumed
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh myself daily
10. Be kind to myself

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/12/15 8:48 am - OH

There is no physical reason why you cannot, but it isn't going to be any more effective long term (which is an almost zero percent success rate) than it is for anyone else.  

I have never known or even talked to someone else who knew someone who took phentermine (or any other diet drug for that matter) who lost any significant amount of weight and actually kept it off for more than a few months after discontinuing it.

Don't waste your money and risk damaging your body.  You already have one of the most powerful weight loss tools available.  Use it.  

You didn't just magically gain back 30 pounds.  Correct the problem and you can get the weight back off.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

rocky513
on 4/12/15 9:13 am - WI

Diet pills never worked before your surgery, Why would you think they would work now?  You need to  be painfully honest with yourself about why you have gained back 30 pounds.  Track and measure every thing... and I mean EVERYTHING... you put in your mouth.  That is the only way you will be able to accurately see the problem and correct it.  

You still have your tool.  If you get back to eating protein first and then veggies, limiting fruit to one serving per day, completely avoiding starchy carbs like bread, pasta, crackers, rice, potatoes. etc. and avoid drinking with meals and for 30 minutes after you eat, you will start to lose again.  

Also measure and weigh your portion sizes.  It's easy to let portions creep up on you.  We obese folks have a very skewed view on what a proper portion looks like.  We actually require very little food to thrive.  Eat 6 very small meals a day ( no more than 1 cup volume)  and you won't be hungry.  That means you will be eating "a little something" about every 3 hours.  ANYONE can wait 3 hours before they eat again.  If you feel hungry, ignore it.  Hunger is NOT an emergency that requires immediate attention.  Don't count on that "full feeling".  Many of us have used that feeling as a source of comfort.  Don't eat until you are full.  Eat what you measure out and then STOP EATING.  You have control of what and how much you eat.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Gina 22 years out
on 4/13/15 12:39 am - Burleson, TX

ROCKY--Best response I have read, in a long, long time! "Hunger is NOT an emergency"..GREATNESS !!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things