chicken wings?!

KerryF.
on 4/10/15 6:38 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I dump on wings and I'm 18 months post op almost, I want to have them so bad  I love them I miss them and my family have them every week for "Survivor Night" it's a tradition as old as the show Survivor at our house. I've tried them and tried even just one will make me dump  the grease is sooo bad.  now I get the boneless chicken bites and can eat 4 of them with the wing sauce on them as my survivor night meal.  Funny my very first appointment with the nutritionist almost a year before surgery I said about Survivor night wings and she shook her head no and laughed at me, said they are not happening anymore..... personally I think she put a spell on me!

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/8/15 5:18 am
RNY on 08/05/19

There's not a whole lot of meat on a wing, but I can usually eat about 3. (They're my husband's favorite food, so we have them pretty much every weekend.)

Most of the time, I'll just get plain baked chicken tenders with sauce on the side. It's the beer-battered fries that I have to stay away from, I only let myself have 2!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

MsBatt
on 4/8/15 8:24 am

If you'll put your surgery type and date on your profile, it will show up each time you post. This info will help us give an answer more applicable to your cir****tances.

I can eat a LOT of chicken wings, and I eat them without guilt. There's really not a lot of meat on the average chicken wing. Maybe it would help you to pick all the meat off a couple and weigh it---then you can tell just how much you really are eating---they're MUCH smaller once you throw the bones and gristle away.

Valerie G.
on 4/9/15 11:08 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

As a DSer, I eat them often, as they are a fantastic source of protein and fat..  I'm good for about six with some celery and blue cheese.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/9/15 4:52 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I can eat two wings comfortably. I usually make them myself when I bake a chicken. It's not really a go to appetizer food in Europe and when I go to the States I don't really crave them enough to order. Have to be selective with restricted real estate so I go for the nice filet mignon or ribeyes. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Chilipepper
on 4/10/15 6:53 am

Eating wings and drinking beer are one of the reasons I got fat in the first place. I have no appetite for them anymore. I actually don't like chicken anymore anyway.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White