Need to find The right surgeon

MayolaC
on 4/6/15 12:03 pm

hi, I'm kind of scared, I'm looking for a surgeon that I can trust 100% , I'm looking for some advises to see which doctor you recommend because must of you had the surgery already.... I'm looking for a surgeon in NYC area .. Please help!!!!! 😰😰 

Kathy S.
on 4/6/15 12:28 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi MayolaC,

You did not mention what surgery type you are interested in having.  If you have not researched your options we suggest you do so. Here are some links that will help with researching the surgery types.

We did a search for surgeons in your area and here is a link to that list.  You can drill it down via surgery type if you want.  We suggest you review the profiles, read about the surgeon and the member reviews.  Once you find a couple you like, attend the free seminar where you can hear the surgeon talk about the procedure and also a chance for you to ask questions.  

NYC Surgeons

I attended 3 seminars before I found a surgeon I wanted an one on one appointment with.  He did a great job taking care of me!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

NYMom222
on 4/6/15 4:36 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Not sure exactly where you are as you say NYC 'area'. I used Dr. Ahmad in Port Jefferson, he's on the list Kathy gave you and I think his whole  office and the way he has it run is awesome. No complaints. He is very dedicated and thorough.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

christinerocks
on 4/6/15 9:37 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Look at a few before you choose.  I was advised to look at the overall program as you will end up spending a lot more time with the nutritionist, coordinator, and PAs than you will your surgeon! 

I am in Westchester County. In the end I went with Dr. Ashutosh Kaul jn Hawthorne NY and had my surgery at Greenwich Hospital. Greenwich has a comprehensive program and I'm happy with the entire program thus far.  I Also looked at Montefiore which was highly recommended by my PCP, but the support team was really unorganized and rude to me. There are some really highly rated programs in the city itself but I wanted to be closer to home.

Good luck with your decision and your journey! 

merry1126
on 4/7/15 8:28 am
VSG on 06/17/15

I'm still pre-op and live in Westchester county. My surgeon is Dr Miguel Silva. I believe he also has an office in the Bronx. He's affiliated with Columbia/Presbyterian and Lawrence Hospital. As someone who never had any type of surgery, I was terrified. Dr Silva is very kind and has a very calm demeanor, which helped with my fears. Best of luck.