Documentation of weight from a year ago?

KristyJo2
on 4/3/15 9:34 am

Hey everyone! I am new to this process and plan on getting the sleeve in 3 months. I have to do a 3 month doctor-supervised doctor program because of insurance. Anyway, I sent in some medical release forms because they said that I would need documentation of my weight from a year ago and then realized that I never went to the doctor in 2014! I know that is rare, but I never got sick and because of a crazy time where my dad was sick and we were moving, I never went in for an annual check up. Is this going to be a major problem? Am I going to have to wait another year? I know that I went to the doctor in 2013...  I am freaking out that I won't get to have my surgery this summer!

mljohns
on 4/3/15 10:34 am
DS on 01/27/15

My PCP had changed offices and lost my records for 2013. Insurance accepted my 2012 records.

KristyJo2
on 4/3/15 12:18 pm

Ok thank you! That is encouraging!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/3/15 2:35 pm - OH

You shouldn't have any problem using weight records from the previous year.  All the insurance company wants to know (and they usually require more than just a single year of weight history, BTW -- it is usually 3 or 5 years) is that your weight issue is long-standing rather than just a recent occurrence.  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.