Any ideas

sarahmc8888
on 3/30/15 1:45 pm, edited 12/27/15 1:13 pm

Good luck with your journey

Eggface
on 3/30/15 11:29 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Hope this helps your research: http://www.obesityaction.org/educational-resources/brochures -and-guides/understanding-your-weight-loss-options-brochure

Though... I would appeal the waiting period. It may only require some sign-off from surgeons for medical necessity. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Hislady
on 3/31/15 7:44 am - Vancouver, WA

It sounds like you have some heart issues too in which case you need to see a cardiologist to see what they might be and if the surgery needs to be done right away. I have never heard of anyone having to wait 3 years even thru the insurance company so I think there must be some misunderstanding there. Please don't just let this go push with your band doctor and your heart doc and get this expidited, you should appeal the insurance decision.

sarahmc8888
on 3/31/15 10:52 am

I have seen a cardiologist nothing is wrong with my heart as they say. The ran a bunch of tests an it all came back clear. I have amerigroup and they denied 3 appeals 2 from me and 1 from my surgean. They said I need to be on a 3 year medica weight loss plan and they don't count 3 years of having the lo band with constant monitoring 

MsBatt
on 4/1/15 9:27 am

I'd be consulting a lawyer---a three-year weight-loss plan is simply ridiculous. While you're getting that straightened out, you also need to be doing some research on a procedure called the Duodenal Switch. Given the list of medical problems you have, I suspect it would be more beneficial for your than the RNY/gastric bypass would.

As for weight loss---the only 'diet' that ever worked for me was Atkins. Most of us are very sensitive to carbs---they make us hungry, and they make us fat. Cut out as many carbs as you can. Learn to read labels very carefully. Choose foods that have more protein than carbs. And fat is NOT your enemy---skip the low-fat or no-fat products. When they take out the fat, they replace it with...CARBS.

sarahmc8888
on 4/1/15 2:37 pm

Atkins is the name brand for the lap band diet I have been doing that for 4 years now with no luck with the help of a nutritionist 

WereYorkie
on 4/1/15 4:03 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

But it sounds like you weren't doing it correctly. Atkins is high healthy fats, medium protein, and low carbs. Not low fat, low carb. The body burns energy like anything else in the in the world--whatever is easiest. And for a human body that is Sugar, Processed Carbs, Fat....

You get rid of the sugar (replacing it with a low glycemic natural sugar), get rid of processed foods and using only healthy carbs from veggies, eating lean proteins, and healthy fats...

Are you listing your foods in an online food diary so you can see what exactly your intake is? If you aren't, you really should. It really helps you A) keep on track and B) makes what you are eating more real. You enter in that spaghetti that you ate at Olive Garden along with the salad and bread sticks and you realize, "OMG! I just ate enough calories for 3 days!" (How do I know this? IIIIIII did it! :D )  Also, are you reading your labels? Hidden sugars are always a hazard when low carbing.

sarahmc8888
on 4/1/15 4:13 pm

I count carbs and I read labels I do keep it all in a food diary app I don't go out to eat often and when I do it's salad and water. I do low fat because fatty foods make me throw up. My nutritionist made me a monthly meal plan that I follow I don't snack in between.

WereYorkie
on 4/1/15 4:53 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

No... healthy fats. Not fatty food. Olive oil. Coconut oil. Nuts... 

You know, it just hit me... I was misdiagnosed until recently when my new NP looked at me and said, "Why haven't they been treating you for PCOS?"

Do you suffer from PCOS, too? I am not diabetic, but she has me on Metformin to treat my issues and it is definitely helping with the weight lose (along with Atkins (version 2002)). 

sarahmc8888
on 4/2/15 12:47 am

I have been on metformin for a year. I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 15. As for the fats I understood what you meant but for me I can't have oils or fatty foods because if I do I throw up or tin but I end of in the rest room all day and night. I can't even have a small amount of oil on my salad.