Happy Passover and Happy Easter to those who observe and celebrate.

Modest_Phoenix
on 4/5/15 12:48 pm

Good for you!  I attend a Chabad Orthodox shul but since I don't keep kosher at home outside of the holidays any food I make isn't permitted at festivities.  I help out a lot in the kosher kitchen though, we have such a good time cooking for the holidays.  My favorite holiday is Passover so this may be the last one I get to go all out.  I'm hoping to have my surgery sometime mid to late summer so my first holiday hurdle post surgery will be Rosh Hashanna. Luckily I don't host dinner for that.  

I decided to up my fish intake this week.  Usually I only eat a wee bit once a week on Shabbos, but this will be the exception.  I went to the store today to pick up some pickled herring and frozen salmon filets. There's some canned tuna in the pantry.

In addition to the egg bake I am going to try some other egg recipes.  I found a recipe for poached eggs over asparagus with crumbled feta that I'll try for dinner one night.  Lunches are super easy with lots of fresh veggie salads and fruit too.

I will have to find another hobby! 

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Gina 22 years out
on 4/6/15 3:46 am - Burleson, TX

Even though I am not Jewish (probably as far as you can get-I'm a Texas Baptist), I DO know about Passover, holidays and eating "traditions"...Oh. My. Yes.

My concern. with your original post was NOT the eating/food involved. It was with your "throw it out the window" attitude, in regard to "the next 8 days"....Trust me, on this one...even if you eat 8000 calories and TRACK IT...you will eat 12,000 if you DO NOT track it...ok..maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but I'm trying to make a point here...Take it or leave it, but hopefully it will help SOMEONE.....

Very, very often...if I know I have to track something...even when nobody will see it but ME...I will NOT eat it...calories saved...

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/6/15 6:27 am

I like to eat and cooking is my stress reliever. 

I learn new ways to cook for me and my loved ones.  I modify recipes that made my dishes very good, yet low carbs.  I do use ghee and lots of coconut oil. For my SO I make some side dishes (carbs) but only if he ask for that.   He will eat pizza, while I may have a some meat with veggies.. or egg salad...with homemade mayo. 

I make - bake my own grain free almost sugar free cakes and cookies.  Even my cat gets crazy when I eat them and I need to share..  grain free waffles, pancakes,  etc... 

but then i do eat meat and fish...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."