stall :(

nidal
on 4/1/15 9:03 pm - Australia

hey everyone,

I am very new to this forum and I will be updating my profile soon. I have my VSG surgery on the 31st of January. Until now I've only lost 10kgs. It's been two months and half of it I've been stalled!!!! I am so worried that there is something wrong. Is a stall supposed to last this long? Its been almost 5 weeks :( 

I know i need to stick to  my high protein low carb diet and drink all of my water, but Im not sure what more to do. I excersise as much as i can . but i work irregular hours so sometimes its so difficult to fit it in. 

HELP!

sunflower74
on 4/2/15 2:25 am - Salem, NJ
VSG on 03/09/09 with

Have you been taking your body measurements?  Sometimes you aren't losing weight but you are losing in size.  I cant explain why, but it often is the case.  Also, try mixing up your routine a bit.  If you are eating the same high protein foods, try different ones and see if that helps.  Same with exercise..switch it up a bit.  It might be what you need to get started again. 

Try the measurement thing though...you might be pleasantly surprised.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/2/15 5:17 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You say you know that you need to stick to a high protein, low carb diet, but are you?  Do you track everything you eat using an app like My Fitness Pal?  

If you're staying on program, the weight will eventually come off.  If you're adding in carbs and calories, it will slow you down.  The best thing you can to is honestly evaluate what you're putting into your mouth and see if you need to make adjustments.  Accountability is so important especially so soon after surgery.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Gwen M.
on 4/2/15 7:27 am
VSG on 03/13/14

What, exactly, are you eating every day?  Give us an example so we can troubleshoot.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)