HELP GAINING WEIGHT

MARIAME
on 3/30/15 2:13 pm

Hard to believe our only shopping place is ws lmart as nd it is akways empty. I live in sterling, vo. Near nebrasks.  

No we dont only have bagles but I cant tolerate red meats very small amount oif chicken and tuna just the smell makes me nauseaus. I dont crave much foods. But I ate pureed foods so long I think my body ca nt toletste protein eithout being blended into a puree form. I dont know im a mess but I have bern h oing to the docyors not ths t im neglecting this

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/30/15 2:20 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I saw on your other thread that you are going to Florida soon so I sincerely hope you will be able to sort out the health issues there.

hmmm..it is hard to suggest foods for you given that you seem to have a hard time tolerating much. I hope you are taking your vitamins dilligently! Are you taking in protein through shakes?

if pureed foods are well tolerated and if it is the only way that you can get your nutrition in then do it! At least until you sort out the issues with the hernia and sluggish bowel.

still I would ditch the bagels and cream cheese.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/31/15 5:33 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Do you live in Sterling, Colorado?  If so, I searched on Yelp for grocery stores and they list a few:

Walmart Supercenter -1510 W Main St

Sunmart Foods - 217 S 3rd Ave

Grocery Mart - 419 N 3rd St

Bauer's Market - 1912 US Highway 6

There's also a meat supplier:

Mike's Meat Market - 624 S 10th Ave

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

MARIAME
on 3/31/15 7:01 am

Grocery mart and sunmart are extremely small and they hardly carry any products.

bauers market is no longer

mikes meat lets just say no one buys there for a reason.

walmart is the only place to shop and always empty. they never have sufficient merchandise in the shelfs and it is a constant battle this community has with corporate. 

I am already leaving in the morning so i should be at my doctors office Friday to take care of all this uncertainty.

thanks for the reply.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/1/15 9:06 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I did another search for you and found some additional grocery stores:

Safeway - 1944 Illinois StSidneyNE (37 miles)

Village Markets - 222 E 1st StAkronCO (32 miles)

Global Harvest Foods - 101 W Railroad AveAkronCO (32 miles)

Safeway - 620 W Platte AveFort MorganCO (40 miles)

Safeway - 1930 Illinois StSidneyNE (37 miles)

Odell's Supermarket - 276 E 1st StAkronCO (32 miles)

Bella's Market - 105 W 1st StHaxtunCO (30 miles)

Walmart Supercenter - 3001 Silverberg DrSidneyNE (36 miles)

I realize these may not be convenient to shop at on a daily basis, but with some advance planning, you should be able to find the foods you need to eat a protein forward diet.  Hope this helps!  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/31/15 11:30 pm - OH

I have been to Sterling, Colorado when I lived in a Denver suburb for a number of years.

Yes, it is in a somewhat remote corner of Colorado, and it isn't a huge city (it didn't have a Walmart when I was there, but we stopped at a grocery store that had plenty of food), but Sterling is only about 2 hours from Denver (and closer than that to teh northern suburbs) and only an hour or two from Fort Collins!  You ought to be able to go to Fort Collins or Greeley periodically to stock up on groceries.

I am sincerely sorry that you are struggling, but you are making excuses to eat the carbs that go down so easily.  There are MANY types of non meat proteins that you could be eating if meat is problematic for you: Greek yogurt, beans, cheeses that have FAR more protein that cream "cheese"), etc.

"I don't crave much foods." You need to be eating foods that are protein filled and healthy for you, not the foods that you crave. You body CAN tolerate non puréed proteins (although if you are not chewing them to a mushy consistency, that may be part fo the problem). This sounds like it is perhaps more of a psychological problem than a physical one and, unfortunately, if you don't make a commitment to change this situation now, your health is going to suffer.  With the "menu" that you posted, you are going to end up malnourished and sickly.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MARIAME
on 3/31/15 11:43 pm

I appreciate your comment however it is not psychological. I also eat greek yougurt fruits snd veggies. S t this time I cant even eat the carbs I was eating because everything gives me probkems now. So I will take care of it since I finally found out last night it is a hernia and I need a complete hysterectomy. I have also been tested for cervical and ovarian cancer.  this explains most of my symptoms.

Thsnk you all for your comments.

Chilipepper
on 3/30/15 1:30 pm

Have you ever considered vegan/vegetarianism?

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

MARIAME
on 3/30/15 3:51 pm

I dont have a problem listening to advise. Yes I do core protein shakes 26 grms each shakevalso greek yogurt plain. I resirted to v agles with cream cheese because I was able to tolerate them  now im even having a difficult time with that eggs are hit and miss goidvone day cant tolers te them the next.

Chilipepper
on 3/30/15 10:08 pm

It's getting harder and harder to read your last few post.  Do you rdread the before you post them or spell check them? 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White