Question about protein & vegetables added to Goodies

White Dove
on 3/24/15 1:56 am - Warren, OH

I make substitutes but every item must be a good food. So no sugar or flour and of course no mixes.  Google flaxseed muffin in a minute.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tracy D.
on 3/24/15 3:05 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

If I could have ever done moderation (beans or no beans) then I would never have been an almost 260 lb. diabetic that needed weight-loss surgery.  

We had a woman bring her "special" black bean brownies to a WL support group meeting one night.  And they were covered with full-on-sugar frosting.  Now tell me, HOW is that any better for a person?   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Chilipepper
on 3/24/15 9:47 am

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/24/15 10:36 am
RNY on 08/05/19

That looks almost exactly like the little frozen veggie-and-shrimp gummy snacks I feed my goldfish!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/24/15 5:17 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

If I'm going to blow my plan into smithereens, I'm not going to do it for a brownie laced with black beans.

For me, it's reevaluating what I now choose to eat and avoiding the foods that made me fat.  Many of them are serious triggers that can bring back binge eating (need I mention Girl Scout cookies?)

I find now that if I'm out to dinner and people order dessert, one bite, one small taste, is enough to satisfy my obsession.  I don't feel any desire to find ways to make foods that are basically unhealthy more appetizing.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

emelar
on 3/24/15 7:01 am - TX

If I want a brownie, I'm eating a brownie. If I want black beans, I'm eating black beans.  Adding stuff like beans to brownies, or spinach to fruit smoothies, or trying to find a higher protein pasta might improve the nutritional value, but doesn't make it WLS friendly or wise.

Tracy D.
on 3/24/15 10:35 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Grim_Traveller
on 3/25/15 5:24 pm
RNY on 08/21/12
On March 24, 2015 at 2:01 PM Pacific Time, emelar wrote:

If I want a brownie, I'm eating a brownie. If I want black beans, I'm eating black beans.  Adding stuff like beans to brownies, or spinach to fruit smoothies, or trying to find a higher protein pasta might improve the nutritional value, but doesn't make it WLS friendly or wise.

Mary Kate Danaher: Could you use a little water in your whiskey? 
Michaleen Flynn: When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

emelar
on 3/26/15 2:05 am - TX

Love that movie!

siberiancat
on 3/25/15 2:51 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

Junk food is still junk food - no matter how you label it.

Try eating nutrition dense food - REAL food.  Calories need to provide nutrition to make new cells in your heart, brain, kidneys, lungs, etc.

High calorie food with low nutrition value doesn't provide fuel for our bodies - it just breaks down into fat, makes us sluggish and invites inflammation and disease.

There are many good nutrition books out there that bariatric patients can read to see the danger in eating empty calories that provide no nutrition or fuel for our body's to combat disease and slow the aging process.

Better to eat organic beans and vegetables - forget adding them to flour, oil and sugars.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery