I am looking for local support

slomotion
on 3/27/15 3:34 am

I live in Chillicothe Oh. and i am looking for local people that has had surgery. I am overweight and i would like to have surgery just looking for people in the area that has had surgery or is there any support groups in the area.  I would like to hear about your story the good and bad. I read alot of people saying that they had problems with post op from the pain and the different things that happen is this typical. 

Thank you for helping

user name Slomotion

Cathy W.
on 3/27/15 4:14 am

Welcome to OH - You're in the right place for info and support.  

Below are some links for will be helpful to you:

Ohio Message Board

ObesityHelp online support groups - Ohio

Are you considering all WLS procedures or certain ones?  I suggest that you cross-post on the surgical boards:

DS

RNY

VSG

Lap Band

Another resource that has lots of information is the OH Blog.  I did a search on research wls and preparing for surgery for articles that would provide info for you.

Lastly, you can check out surgeons near you to contact regarding their support groups.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

caliannie
on 3/27/15 4:40 am - CA
RNY on 04/14/15

OMG! I was born in Chillicothe. My mom was born & raised in Chillicothe too but married my dad who was in he Air Force. I've liv d all over the world but now live in California. All of my relatives now live in and around Columbus.

My surgery is scheduled for April 14th. I've found a lot of support, encouragement and information on OH. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Find out if your insurance covers WLS and if so are there any restrictions or requirements. My insurance would only cover the gastric bypass (RNY) luckily that is what I want and after talking with my doctor is the right one for me and my situation. Good luck. 

Carpe Diem!

Height: 5'5"  HW: 237 SW: 237 CW:138 GW: 134   M1: -31  M2: -14  M3:-12  M4: -10  M5: -10  M6: -5 M7: -4 M8: -5 M9: -5 M10: -2 M11: M12: -1