Encouragement

tiredofthediets
on 3/26/15 9:19 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Please help. I just had RNY surgery Mon. I am currently at home and statistically doing well but emotionally a wreck. I KNOW I needed this surgery and was 100% ready for it but now that I'm in pain and only doing liquids I'm thinking "what in the hell was I thinking? " I've read millions of posts on here that it gets better in time so I swore I wouldn't post after surgery bUT I'm just having a rough night

Kathy S.
on 3/26/15 11:30 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations on your surgery!  May we suggest you post this on the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY) to reach out to those that had the same surgery as you.

Good Luck!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

cspotrun
on 3/26/15 11:54 am
RNY on 07/01/14

buyers remorse is so common and I had it too.  I don't want to make promises, but I can virtually promise that this feeling is fleeting.  Just be kind to yourself, allow the feeling, recognize it for what it is, and then watch as it gets less and less each day.  Just focus on healing and your plan and you will see so much improvement.  Hang in there!

Karen   

seattledeb
on 3/26/15 7:37 pm

You are right on schedule!

Congrats. You are on the other side. You just had major surgery and you can't eat anything and everything hurts.

Yup...it gets a lot better.

Deb T.

mysty888
on 3/27/15 6:32 am
RNY on 01/22/15

I'm just over two months out, and I remember feeling just as miserable and horrible for the few days afterward, especially reading about how great and easy everyone else's surgery was. The MOST important thing, is to realize everyone is different. Their journey is theirs, and yours is yours. If you feel regret, its part of the process as you heal both physically and emotionally from what you have put your body through over time. It WILL get better. It WILL get easier. There WILL be stalls, and frustrations, and moments of being overwhelmed. What you will also get is moments of complete joy when you reach milestones and have non-scale victories. It will feel amazing to not be compelled to go through a drive through, or to try on a size that you thought you would never see again, or whatever it is in YOUR life that is a victory to you. For right now, it's a time to be kind to yourself and your body, as this is a marathon, not a sprint. I still have days that I think, what have I done, but pulling out a pair of jeans that I never thought I would get into again, and now about to shrink out of them, really makes the pain and struggle worthwhile. This period you are in may feel like an eternity, at least it did to me, but you move through it and on to the next phase relatively quickly in the scheme of things. Waiting for surgery to happen felt like an eternity, and now I am two months out and it has gone by quickly. I still have a long way to go, but I stop to put it in perspective every now and then and I feel better and motivated. Congrats on your surgery, and good luck on your journey!!

tiredofthediets
on 3/29/15 1:28 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Thanks everyone.  All words I needed to hear!!!!