Wish me luck....

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/15 1:08 am - Canada

Well it was going to happen eventually. Today is my Moms birthday and we are all going out for Chinese Buffet. I have a huge (as in numbers and girth) family and as you can imagine we all love to eat. The only person in my family that knows about my WLS is my niece who has been wonderful and supportive. I will be showing up 26 pounds lighter than the last time anyone saw me. I am prepared to tell anyone that asks that I have cut back on carbs, portion size and have been exercising. End of discussion. I know they will be watching what I eat because they have seen me fail before. I don't care! My plan is to eat lots of protein, ignore the glass of water in front of me and focus on socializing with an emphasis on chasing my 2 year old grandson around trying to convince him that sitting at the table with the grownups is way more fun than running and hiding under the table. LOL! Wish me luck and have a great day! Chris

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/21/15 1:39 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Good luck to you.

One suggestion -- I have had to eat at a buffet two times since surgery -- it sucks.  Especially Chinese -- as there's so many sauces and things -- that are really just loaded with sugar.  ANYHOW -- I have found that often times they will have a to-go price -- and they will let me use one to-go box at that lower price so I don't have to pay the full price.  Sometimes it is by weight.  Many times, I have asked if I can just buy a drink and fein that I am feeling under the weather.  

Whatever you choose to do -- good luck and enjoy your family.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Cathy W.
on 3/21/15 3:45 am

Your plan of protein, cut back on carbs, exercising and posting on OH.  Check out the Back On Track Together group in my signature.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!