Chewey Vitamins etc.

Karen M.
on 3/20/15 9:25 am - Mississauga, Canada

So no gummies but children's vitamins are okay? Ummm.... no. Not likely. Not that I don't believe you that they told you they're an option, I do. But they're a poor choice. I prefer to take adult vitamins since I am (despite my maturity level) an adult. ;)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/20/15 9:40 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Cleveland Clinic is completely against using Flintstone vitamins per the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) recommendations -- as its completely missing several key nutrients needed by post-WLS patients.  In fact, I had to sign a paper stating that I understood my vitamin requirements before going into surgery and that children's chewables did not meet my basic requirements.  

I understand a lot of programs still recommend them -- but I did check the ASMBS website and sure enough, it states:Be sure you are using a vitamin appropriate for adults, not a children’s multivitamin... asmbs.org

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

debracherri1
on 3/21/15 7:58 am - Racine, WI

Hi folks, I had my surgery May 25, 2001.  We need to take Citrate calcium. It's better for absorption. There is a "chewable" brand Celebrate that tastes good.