TMI - stools

Emily T.
on 3/17/15 8:08 am

So I felt a hard stools this morning, and tried to go. Didn't work. I took MOM, and now I have runny watery diahrrea, but still feel impacted. I don't know what to do. Now I feel alot of pressure on my bladder, and it burns so much when I go. Should I try & enema or suppository? or just head straight to the ER? Ugh. I feel gross & disgusting, I just want this feeling gone.

White Dove
on 3/17/15 9:38 am - Warren, OH

I would try the suppository first, then an enema.  The ER will probably give you an enema and then use a gloved hand to remove the impacted stool.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

cspotrun
on 3/17/15 11:51 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Did you mean it burns when you try to pee?

Karen   

yvie73
on 3/17/15 6:17 pm
RNY on 05/06/14

After having been through this I can tell you that the burning sensation when urinating is most likely due to a bladder infection caused by the impacted stool.  You'll need antibiotics for this.  If you are impacted doing an enema and/or suppository will NOT help you.  You need to go to the ER to have the impacted stool manipulated and THEN do an enema which will flush the impacted stool out.  Doing an enema and/or suppository when impacted only works on the stool above the impaction resulting in the watery diarrhea being able to exit around the impaction, not actually clearing the impaction.  Like I said, experienced this and you need to go to the ER.