Need a forum because I have regained my weight

rocky513
on 3/22/15 5:02 am, edited 3/22/15 5:02 am - WI

Juicing is not good advice for a person who has had weight loss surgery.  Drinking your calories is NEVER a good idea.  Eating dense protein will make you feel satiated, where liquids flow right through you and you never feel satisfied.  Juicing gives you all of the calories  and sugars and none of the great stuff, like FIBER!

Fruits are seen by the body as sugar and will slow or stop your weight loss in it's tracks.  Strictly limit your fruits while you are trying to lose weight.  You will be able to add them back after you reach goal.

The key to getting back on track is to eliminate processed or starchy carbs (like bread [even whole grain}, sugar, crackers, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc.) and concentrate on protein first, then veggies if you have room for them.  Processed carbs are addictive.  The more you eat, the more you want, and you can eat a LOT of them.  It will be hard to break the cycle of eating them but after a few days you won't crave them anymore.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

ShanonSproul
on 3/24/15 8:38 am

Hi.

I'm so sorry if you've misunderstood what i have said as my advice to her. But believe me and it is but true that juicing will help if a person wants to stay healthy and wants to lose his weight for a very low cost. It is natural though.. And it is proven and tested because I have witnessed fat people lose their weight, been treated from serious diseases such as breast cancer and gallbladder stones, and became so healthy with an exercise using this kind of diet. But of course before doing this, a person should ask for a doctor's permission if he is in the right condition to take juicing. I am just giving her an idea or an option and it is still depends on her and if and only if this fits to her health. Some do maple syrup and lemon juice to have sugar. Some do just juicing just like my friend who is so healthy because of this. Im sorry but i am just giving an advice to a friend here.. if you are in capable of doing this or not, it's upto the person. But i am so sure if the person is fit to this kind of diet, she'll make a better body. :) I am talking based on experience. Thanks and have a nice day. 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/17/16 6:02 am
RNY on 12/31/13

This is HORRENDOUS advice for anyone who has had WLS --- and goes against any and all bariatric eating plans.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

MsBatt
on 3/23/15 2:15 pm

Shanon, your profile tells me that you're not really in a position to give nutritional advice to WLS patients. Not eating any solid food??? Living on juiced fruits and vegetables???

Nope, ain't gonna fly for WLs patients.

JB1114
on 3/23/15 12:04 am - Grain Valley, MO

I just joined Cathy W's Back on Track Together and it's a great site with excellent information.  Reading it should motivate you.  I had RNY in 2008 and the last year or so I've regained a few lbs.  I retired in August 2012 and had maintained my weight.  After a year of retirement, I started working for a temp service and that's when the regain started.  I work in offices so sitting down all day.  I really hate exercise but feel good after I do it. 

My eating is healthy, but I've allowed some unhealthy foods back in like cookies.  I LOVE cookies. 

Good luck.  You can lose the weight!!  Take it one day at a time.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Kathyjs
on 3/24/15 1:15 pm

I am glad this time it wasn't me. I couldn't agree more. Juicing is NOT good for WLS. I hate to repeat myself but dear friends, diets made us fat!!!portion control, always protein first etc etc

Diane K.
on 4/17/16 3:02 am

I had Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery in 2003. I did great, initially. Went from 318 to 154. Now back up to 243 thanks to crappy eating habits, constant hunger and zero exercise . I have to find a way to get some of this off.

Unfortunately, my health has gone downhill and both feet are useless so any standing/running/stretching, etc. exercises are out for me. I am unable to even walk a grocery store due to extreme osteo arthritis. Dr's exact words post xray were "you're screwed".

So, that said, I am not looking to make excuses but rather to gain some insight, rejuvenation, suggestions, ideas...got to get back down to healthy weight. Spent 2 weekends ago in hospital w/critical BP 195/145...first time ever with high BP.

Any support forums on here for those of us who have blown it?? Thanks!