Could it be pepper extract?

DelilahJO
on 3/20/15 10:03 pm

hi, so my stomach has been upset for a couple days and I simply cannot figure out why? Just an all around yucky feeling like sour stomach or something. I have done nothing diff, no new foods, other than one thing. The other night (Thursday) I had something that used peppermint  extract?? Has anyone else had this? Or is this commonly known to be harsh? 

Kathyjs
on 3/21/15 12:00 am

Maybe you just have the flu? Try tums . I sometimes get a 'sour stomach ' it helps . Hope you feel better

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/15 12:41 am - Canada

I've used peppermint extract quite often and have not had any adverse reactions to it. As a matter of fact I've heard that peppermint is suppose to ease stomach discomfort. I think that is why so many after dinner mints and stomach remedies are peppermint flavoured. Hope you're feeling better real soon. Chris

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/21/15 12:54 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I use peppermint oil (Doterra) nearly every day -- and I have found that it settles my stomach.  Not all extracts and oils are the same though -- are you using extract??  Because many extracts are alcohol based... and thus, that could be really bothering your stomach.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Valerie G.
on 3/21/15 9:51 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Peppermint is usually a soother for the stomach.  Are you on a PPI?  It could be reflux

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes