postponing surgery

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/15 4:26 am

Not sure if thats what I need to do until I get my head on straight, I'm not sure if I can do this, maybe I need to attend more counseling and OA meetings, today I clearly was not hungry but thought of food and found myself eating something I wasnt supposed to do, I took a bite and could've stopped there but kept going until I finished it, then I contemplated on making myself throw up which i have never done or thought of before, but I just couldn't do it. I have been feeling crappy and telling  myself that I'm not strong enough to do this. 

zann50
on 3/20/15 4:43 am

what type of surgery did you have, how long ago, and are you an OA member?  i would think about seeing a counselor.  best of luck in your journey!

Zann

VGS- 2015

hollykim
on 3/20/15 5:06 am, edited 3/20/15 5:06 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 20, 2015 at 11:43 AM Pacific Time, suzanne R. wrote:

what type of surgery did you have, how long ago, and are you an OA member?  i would think about seeing a counselor.  best of luck in your journey!

if you read the title of the post you will see this person is preop. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/15 5:19 am

Im preop but will start my liquid diet next week, I wanted to get a jump start and go on the liquid diet this week to lose a little more weight before I need to do so, I'm just wondering if this is what's going to be like for 3 weeks on the liquid diet, wanting to eat even when not hungry. 

Tracy D.
on 3/20/15 4:44 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Honestly, postponing surgery sounds like the way to go.  More counseling needed - and not just going to OA meetings but actively working the Steps.  Once you take a bite of that food you trigger the cravings and mental obsession.  Every.Single.Time.  

The surgery will not make it any easier to not take that first bite.  Believe me...I know...been there, tried it, bought the T-shirt.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/20/15 5:32 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Seeking out some more therapy might be the way to go for now. This is a major step & you've got to get your head in the game. Pre surgery jitters is one thing but contemplating throwing up after eating the wrong food is a whole different thing all together.

Seek help & when you've got yourself more together then go for the surgery. Hope you feel better.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

DeborahMc
on 3/20/15 6:21 am

I was the most "crazy" the week before I started my liquid diet. I had so many feelings and worries that triggered overeating. The two week liquid diet was tough for sure, but not as tough as the week leading up to it. By the end of the first week I felt detoxed and actually pretty good. I'm 4 days post op and glad I pushed through the anxiety. Good luck../deb

...I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world