Beans-gas build up?

White Dove
on 3/17/15 6:42 am - Warren, OH

This is what the kids said when I was growing up back in the 1950's

Beans, beans are good for the heart

Beans, beans, the more you eat the more you fart.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Willie H.
on 3/17/15 7:07 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Yep, and continues....

"The more you fart

the better you feel

so eat them beans for every meal!!!!"

Don't know if that applies after WLS!!! 

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

White Dove
on 3/17/15 7:10 am - Warren, OH

I forgot that part, but don't eat them very often.  Gas seems worse after surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Janice N.
on 3/17/15 11:13 am - MO
Mini Gastric Bypass on 10/01/14

I eat beans all the time, with no problems.

Willie H.
on 3/17/15 9:10 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

I wonder if it is more unique to VSG'ers? Maybe because our stomach is more narrow and the gas cannot escape soon enough? 

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Pokemom
on 3/17/15 4:26 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

This entire thread makes me laugh. I have three boys, and gas is a very common event around here, beans or no beans.   Sometimes like a competitive sport. Frequently a topic at the dinner table.  I know, Yuck!  The crudeness of it all! My husband (who does call the boys out on their toots and blasts), advised me years ago that I would be much happier if I just laughed at them and with them.  

Beans do not bother me much, but they have always put my husband's body into FITS.  We opt instead for lentils and split peas.  For me, sugar alcohols lead to awful gas.  For my boys, just living seems to cause it, and they save it up for me.

Willie H.
on 3/17/15 9:07 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

With boys it is "par for the course", they love it and try to out do each other! My 8 year old thinks it's a game and tries to catch me sitting down as he comes by. Oh, youth really is wasted on the young but I love their innocence and view of the world. Still, no more beans for me! Thank you.