HELP!

SKmammabear
on 3/13/15 2:42 am

I had my DS surgery on New Years Eve.  I'm about 75 pounds down (including pre-op) and that's amazing...  My problem is that I don't feel like eating ANYTHING!  Nothing sounds good, water, protein drinks, real food...  NOTHING!!  I'm having to force myself to eat.  Is this normal?  Will food sound good to me again??  Thanks in advance for your input!

Grim_Traveller
on 3/13/15 2:45 am
RNY on 08/21/12

A lot of people go through this. For most, it might last six months or a year. Enjoy it while it lasts. It makes losing so much easier. Just remember you do need protein to maintain muscles, hair, nails, etc. So just think of food as fuel, not fun.

And most of all, stay on top of your vitamins and supplements.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Cathy W.
on 3/13/15 4:22 am

Congrats on your 75 pounds!  Make sure to drink water, get in protein and taking your vitamins are a must.  

For even more support, check out the DS message board.  OH has lots of DS vets that are many years post-op and have tons of knowledge that will benefit you.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

NikkyBeauty
on 3/13/15 4:08 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Im having that same issue right now too I just started soft foods and my plan says I can have all kinds of foods no blending or puréeing,  meat just has to be moist and tender I can even have wheat thins or crackers and absolutely nothing is appealing to me I have no appetite, no cravings and no want for food at all!  I basically eat whatever has the most protein. I was also told by my friend who had the DS surgery 8 months ago to enjoy it while it last lol 

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175