4 days post op VSG and feeling confused

whimsywoods717
on 3/10/15 12:39 pm

I can not tell when I'm really hungry and when I'm really full. I've been making sure not to drink with meals, but I still feel hungry. I'm on a puree/liquid diet. Tonight I had a whole scrammbled egg and didn't really feel full after. I still feel like I could eat more. Shouldn't this be the time more then ever that you can't get food down? I feel only a little discomfort when eating but it goes away quickly and I can get more food down. I'm just feeling really confused as to why I can eat more then others who just had their surgery done...

Mary Gee
on 3/11/15 12:26 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
At this point, you won't feel fullness, you are still healing. Won't feel fullness until you start solid foods. Weigh and measure everything! Also, are you taking a PPI? This can make a difference too. Just stick to your doctor's program! BTW, some people, like me, never had any difficulty getting liquids or food down. Things will get easier!!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Tracy D.
on 3/11/15 1:01 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You may want to hop on over to the VSG Forum too as this topic gets addressed over there a lot.  And more VSG people may see your post and respond to it.  

Remember this:  Just because you CAN eat it, doesn't mean you SHOULD eat it.  Weigh and measure everything and stick to your doc's plan on amounts.  Your stomach is big fat liar about how much is "enough".  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Kathy S.
on 3/11/15 1:43 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

As Tracy said post this on the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG) to reach out to those that had your surgery type.  Take it one day at a time and it will get better each day

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130